Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

BHA & Motherwell, an overhyped view.

1 Not allowed!
    After reading this article by Scottish journo, Ben Banks, I've come to the conclusion that he may know a lot about Scottish footy, but his views on the Albion may be a tad far fetched.
    He describes the Albion as attracting day trippers, whereas Motherwell attract from the grass roots level.
    Apart from the tenuous effort of the Jamie Murphy link, I think he needs to get to know our club, before spouting............

'Both sides lean towards one demographic. Brighton target the day trippers and Motherwell go after the season ticket holders and regulars'

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/column...om-each-other/
    Last edited by AmexRuislip; 26-08-2019 at 19:01.
    https://youtu.be/oCyXsHC-lQ4

@Brighton Lines "The MASSIVE shield: Amex Ruislip who thinks Sheffield Wednesday are 13th in the Premier League"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar
      The Tory stronghold of Mansfield (majority increased by 15,000)

1 Not allowed!
      Damn, I thought this was going to be about Albion Rovers.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      As the OP knows the Brighton Motherwell link will always interest me . I got part way through it and stopped reading because it is Bank Holiday and I am out on the piss. Wit all due respect to the writer of the article. I have been to the Amex in a different Capacity than he has and I have been supporting Motherwell since I was in awe of Peter Marinello at about age 10 so I shall respond without being drunk. So leave this one with me until you slaughter the article. I would like to defend Motherwell fans properly

1 Not allowed!
      I agree with him. He should have come when we were at Withdean. Sitting in the rain in the pitch dark and the club “shop” being a caravan with an awning. We’re frantically trying to bed in the 20k diehards among our support (who somehow managed to miss the theatre of shit) to worry about STHs and other moaners.

Oh...and by the way mr Porridge...I’ve been to Motherwell. Good luck attracting tourists to that shithole.
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      After reading this article by Scottish journo, Ben Banks, I've come to the conclusion that he may know a lot about Scottish footy, but his views on the Albion may be a tad far fetched.
      He describes the Albion as attracting day trippers, whereas Motherwell attract from the grass roots level.
      Apart from the tenuous effort of the Jamie Murphy link, I think he needs to get to know our club, before spouting............

'Both sides lean towards one demographic. Brighton target the day trippers and Motherwell go after the season ticket holders and regulars'

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/column...om-each-other/
      Strange quote. Most of our ground is season ticket holders.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Neville's Breakfast View Post
      Strange quote. Most of our ground is season ticket holders.

That said, there does seem to be an inordinate number of people at matches who want the selfie by the badge, who queue for the shop and spend an age trying to find their seats.

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Superphil View Post
      That said, there does seem to be an inordinate number of people at matches who want the selfie by the badge, who queue for the shop and spend an age trying to find their seats.
      People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

1 Not allowed!
      Quite clearly he has never been to a Brighton game.
      Members

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Superphil View Post
      Just greater numbers of people. Means more of every type of supporter. Hopefully the ‘daytrippers’ will come again. Doesn’t bother me. That article is quite bizarre. Apparantly amongst the bad things at football are meeting friends and family, enjoying a pre match pint whilst watching music, having a post match pint in the concourse. The message seems to be to go to the football but don’t enjoy yourself.
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

12 Not allowed!
      I have just sent this Ben chap an email. Politely and succinctly correcting him on the bollocks that he has been spouting. I await a reply.
      Just a hedgehog on the motorway of life.