Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Oswald Mosley.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
My dad lived on Tooley Street in the 30s, and watched Mosely arrive in his armoured car, spewing his Jew-hate via a megaphone, with marching blackshirts strutting down the street. Dad promptly went and joined the communist party.

I have a feeling the OP is having some sort of crisis, so we should really all put him into our thoughts and prayers, and hope he gets better soon.

Not at all,we need to learn from History. Yet we dont.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I am not for or against SirO/M. It's the ability he had to cotnrol people

What utter nonsense. He had no elected MPs, the BUF. had only 50, 000 members at the height of its popularity, which was before he went full on Fascist. The only elected representatives the BUF had was a few Councillors, one of which was elected in Worthing.
The man was a failure his entire life.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
I am not for or against SirO/M. It's the ability he had to cotnrol people

To be fair, I'm sure you're not one, but there are many posters on here who would defend an anti Semitic, racist moron every time, rather than call them out for the complete, pathetic c*** they are :shrug:

I'm sure your post wasn't that, whatsoever ???

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Oswald Moseley was indeed very eloquent ..

However this does not detract from the fact that he was still a racist anti-Semitic ****.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Watford and Deportivo,thats my point. Just listen to the interview and take it a part step by step.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I’ve just listened, anti- semetic, racist, and delusional.

What I expected, really.
Yes - he is absolutely: "I blame Hitler and the Jews for the second world war" is a direct quote from the programme. What a horrible piece of work he was.

However, I am glad that is allowed to talk on this video and give his point of view so we can see what his opinions are. You'd never see someone with his views interviewed these days, which is probably a good thing - but knowing the limits of where to shut down the expressing of opinions is a very tough question to answer.

He never lost his knighthood, though - as someone explains lower. I didn't know it was an inherited title.

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Worthing has strong historical links to Oswald Mosely's Fascist Party and was a bit of a fascist hotbed in the 30s.
One of the first branches of the British Union of Fascists was set up in Worthing and it was also the first town in the UK to elect a Fascist counsellor. It all culminated in a large scale riot in 1934 when Fascists and anti Fascists clashed in what became known as the Battle of South Street.

*https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_South_Street

https://spartacus-educational.com/U3Ahistory46.htm

00mosleyO5.jpg

images.jpeg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Superb interview you say?

Really?

All I see is elements of this:

With added.....HUGE meetings....blah blah blah.... THOUSANDS there...blah blah...DEFEND them...blah blah blah...FIRST CLASS men...blah blah blah...man of ACTION....blah blah blah.

With the money that must have gone into his education, I'd mark it down as a must try harder.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
.......and still he is given the opportunity to spout his views. Why can’t people just keep the lid closed on twats like this? We don’t need reminding.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A rather odd thing to say for someone who was knighted :lolol:

I watched the video and let it run onto the next one, here. An excellent intervention from the audience at 14:15...

https://youtu.be/F3mE-2audvM

He wasn't knighted for his own efforts and achievements. He inherited the title by dint of being a Baron.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Moseley was a baronet, which is an inherited title, and which is why he
was "Sir". You can't withdraw an inherited title.

He was not a knight and was never knighted.

Complete and utter shit.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
.......and still he is given the opportunity to spout his views. Why can’t people just keep the lid closed on twats like this? We don’t need reminding.

What nonsense!

People like Mosley should be allowed to shout their views from the rooftops. Doesn't mean you have to agree with them. By gagging them you make it appear like they have something wise and intelligent to offer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Worthing has strong historical links to Oswald Mosely's Fascist Party and was a bit of a fascist hotbed in the 30s.
One of the first branches of the British Union of Fascists was set up in Worthing and it was also the first town in the UK to elect a Fascist counsellor. It all culminated in a large scale riot in 1934 when Fascists and anti Fascists clashed in what became known as the Battle of South Street.

*https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_South_Street

https://spartacus-educational.com/U3Ahistory46.htm

View attachment 114715

View attachment 114716
I think Mosely and his thugs were run out of town that day and I'm quietly proud of Worthing's response.

He wasn't knighted for his own efforts and achievements. He inherited the title by dint of being a Baron.
Moseley was a baronet, which is an inherited title, and which is why he
was "Sir". You can't withdraw an inherited title.

He was not a knight and was never knighted.

Complete and utter shit.
Thanks, I never knew you could acquire the title without being knighted. I have an AO Level in British Constitution, so really should have known that :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here