Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 0-2 Southampton MATCH REPORT- FEAT. ARTWORK

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Frustrating result, but an encouraging performance we can be proud of. Hope you enjoy the report :albion2:

All Albion. Some of passing on display was simply wonderful; short, long, one-twos, triangles, diamonds, you name it. With Trossard, Pröpper and Stephens on their game, combining with our three centre backs, the opening 29 minutes featured extremely attractive interchanges, fluidity and invention aplenty.
Pace up top too. Andone a willing runner, and looked a constant irritant for the Saint’s defence - defenders hate players who will run at them. Florin tests Vestergard’s legs early on, great pace, power and strength. And stupidity.

You can read the whole thing HERE: https://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?822-Albion-0-2-Southampton-24-08-19

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Fantastic, great stuff! Love the Andone thought bubble... :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Brilliant stuff as always!

2 things:

Why is VAR not used when we have a penalty claim ? Or is it only to see if a goal we score can be ruled out?

Also, how come a straight arm tackle is a red in Rugby Union but a yellow in football?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

2 things:

Why is VAR not used when we have a penalty claim ? Or is it only to see if a goal we score can be ruled out?

Also, how come a straight arm tackle is a red in Rugby Union but a yellow in football?

I have been asking these questions as well

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Not easy to read a report about a defeat and as I know, harder to write one. The heat map made it more than tolerable in the end. Great stuff as always. Thanks.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

2 things:

I think the penalty claim was checked by VAR. I'm not so sure that I understand the new handball rule, but that looked like a penalty to me, and I'm of the view that all the other VAR decisions in our games have been correct.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think the penalty claim was checked by VAR. I'm not so sure that I understand the new handball rule, but that looked like a penalty to me, and I'm of the view that all the other VAR decisions in our games have been correct.

I agree that the disallowed goals were correct decisions but I watched the game on a stream and also the highlights and didn't see any sign of a VAR check. Albions players were "talking" to the ref as they ran back but nothing about VAR mentioned. It's a conspiracy !!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Still grumpy about the whole thing this morning!! Grumpy with Andone, Grumpy with Referee, Grumpy with MOTD - narrative seemed to be Saint's had to break our resistance - read it again in the BBC match report - WTF? Palace's performance was one of "resistance". Ours? Far from it? No show of the shots by Solly, Trossard, 2 x Propper, penalty claim for handball.... FFS.. told you I was still grumpy!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Still grumpy about the whole thing this morning!! Grumpy with Andone, Grumpy with Referee, Grumpy with MOTD - narrative seemed to be Saint's had to break our resistance - read it again in the BBC match report - WTF? Palace's performance was one of "resistance". Ours? Far from it? No show of the shots by Solly, Trossard, 2 x Propper, penalty claim for handball.... FFS.. told you I was still grumpy!

Motd really is just so shyte. I've totally ignored it this week for a couple of obvious reasons. I still feel frustrated too when I think about it. Looking at the table thinking how in a different world we could be sat on 9 points what with our performances so far - even 7 would be fantastic. 4 just doesn't seem right with the performances we've put in. Bloody Andone (and poor finishing). it's great that the performances have been so much better, but I have dwelt on the last two results a lot more than when we weren't winning but just playing crap last season - I think just that feeling of being aggrieved that we didn't get what we deserved!

Brilliant write up, though!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree that the disallowed goals were correct decisions but I watched the game on a stream and also the highlights and didn't see any sign of a VAR check. Albions players were "talking" to the ref as they ran back but nothing about VAR mentioned. It's a conspiracy !!

I'm still pro-VAR but they're really doing their best to dissuade me from this position. The communication in the stadium is dire on this. Is this purely down to the PL, or can we blame Barber for part of it too?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Fantastic, great stuff! Love the Andone thought bubble... :lolol:

Good work!

Very good that.....interesting read. Cheers.

Not easy to read a report about a defeat and as I know, harder to write one. The heat map made it more than tolerable in the end. Great stuff as always. Thanks.

Motd really is just so shyte. I've totally ignored it this week for a couple of obvious reasons. I still feel frustrated too when I think about it. Looking at the table thinking how in a different world we could be sat on 9 points what with our performances so far - even 7 would be fantastic. 4 just doesn't seem right with the performances we've put in. Bloody Andone (and poor finishing). it's great that the performances have been so much better, but I have dwelt on the last two results a lot more than when we weren't winning but just playing crap last season - I think just that feeling of being aggrieved that we didn't get what we deserved!

Brilliant write up, though!

Thanks very much, really appreciated. Who knows, maybe a better result next week? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here