Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Just pay for the time you need, plus a bit if you’re worried you might be held up, and do your best to make sure you’re back before the time expires. I bet 95% of people obey these simple rules and don’t get fined and make no noise online - just yesterday my son and I ran through a town to get to the car before the ticket expired, I realized I had left the car keys with my wife so bought a new one hour ticket, left my son next to the car with the ticket, ran back, got the keys and ran back to the car. It was my fault I was beyond the time so I did my best to fix it. It’s the self entitled minority who think the rules that apply to everyone else shouldn’t apply to them who get so wound up about penalties. You’re parking on someone else’s land, you should obey their rules or if you don’t be fancy that, park somewhere else.

And for those who say the penalties are too high, any enforcement action needs a bit of someone’s time, £60 seems fair enough to me.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Such a tiresome and righteous response.

People make mistakes. Sometimes it's more satisfying to leave the lofty perch.

It truly is!
      Quote Originally Posted by ac gull View Post
      common sense is not actually that common these days
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lost in london View Post
      Just pay for the time you need, plus a bit if you’re worried you might be held up, and do your best to make sure you’re back before the time expires. I bet 95% of people obey these simple rules and don’t get fined and make no noise online - just yesterday my son and I ran through a town to get to the car before the ticket expired, I realized I had left the car keys with my wife so bought a new one hour ticket, left my son next to the car with the ticket, ran back, got the keys and ran back to the car. It was my fault I was beyond the time so I did my best to fix it. It’s the self entitled minority who think the rules that apply to everyone else shouldn’t apply to them who get so wound up about penalties. You’re parking on someone else’s land, you should obey their rules or if you don’t be fancy that, park somewhere else.

And for those who say the penalties are too high, any enforcement action needs a bit of someone’s time, £60 seems fair enough to me.
      I struggle to believe that anyone can be so naïve about the private parking scam !!!!

These shysters break the law to try and get money out of people. Even if you stick to the so called 'rules' they will issue a 'ticket'. One company was found out when it's operatives were changing the times on their cameras to make it look like people had overstayed when they hadn't.

You mention £60 being an OK amount ? Well, even their own trade body recommendations ( not that I hold their trade body in any esteem ) say that the cost of the 'ticket' should reflect the cost of a council ticket. Currently in B&H that is £35 assuming you pay quickly ….. not £60 plus. At least if you get a council ticket there is an INDEPENDENT body to appeal to ….. no such luck with a private 'ticket'.

These companies change the rules at a whim - even if they aren't allowed to. Let's take Portslade Aldi for example. Planning consent was granted by the council on the condition that anyone using the local shops could use the car park and the time limit was set to 3 hours. Aldi accepted this to gain planning permission for the store. Problem being they employ the shysters Parking Eye. Now the Parking Eye template rules for all Aldi stores is Aldi customers only and only 90 minutes allowed. So Parking Eye changed the rules for Portslade with no request to the council to alter planning permission. When this was pointed out to them and Aldi ( by me ! ) parking Eye applied for the change retrospectively ….. and it was rejected by the council. Unfortunately PE then took their case to the Planning Inspectorate who upheld the time limit change but not the use. Despite this PE changed their signs to say only Aldi shoppers were allowed to use the car park - a big fat lie. So after numerous phone calls to the council and emails and Facebook posts to Aldi and PE by me ( and I got blocked on the Aldi Facebook page in the end ! ) PE were forced to change the signs to 'Shoppers Only' - have a look if you pop in - you can see where they've had to apply the sticker over the old wording.

Before PE put in ANPR ( and I saw a customer cover his number plates before entering the car park the other month ) they had an 'warden'. I've be verbally abused and physically threatened by him. Why ? Because he didn't like me standing in front of cars he was trying to take photos of and me adding a little contact card on the windscreens of the people he'd ticketed giving people my details so they could get the ticket cancelled. That's the kind of thug these parking companies employ. Thankfully he lost his job due to ANPR ….. shame !

These companies claim to 'manage' car parks ….. hmmm ….. how do they manage abuse of disabled spaces with ANPR ? Of course they don't.

Then lets take the owners of these companies. Let's start with Adrian King of G24 Ltd ( @LadySeagull will know how much I like poking G24 ! ). This guy parks his car on double yellows when he goes to his office ….. how arrogant is that ? Funny story though - I once phoned his office 62 times in a single morning asking to speak to him …. the coward refused my call every time. I'm told by his staff I managed to block any other calls coming into his office that morning.

Of course then we have Val Capon of One Parking Solutions ( Brighton based to make it topical ). He has a criminal record as long as your arm yet his bullying ways have made him enough money to buy a helicopter ( thankfully we all know how dangerous helicopter flights can be …. he says hopingly ). Just to rub salt in, he has stood as a Lib Dem candidate in local elections ….. they associate themselves with the nicest of people !

Finally, just to hammer home what scumbags these companies are, I once helped a lady who was disabled and got a 'ticket' from Parking Eye. Her crime ? Getting back to her car 7 minutes late in an Aldi car park. A car displaying a blue badge. Parking Eye had refused her appeal and Aldi had effectively told her to sod off via Facebook. She was having sleepless nights with worry about being taken to court. Thankfully I spotted her post on the Aldi Facebook page and contacted her. After numerous emails to Aldi pointing out the law requiring 'reasonable adjustments' I got the ticket cancelled. Now imagine that's your elderly Mum ….. I'm sure you wouldn't be so forgiving of this scam industry all of a sudden !!!!!

*** rant over ***
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      I never get parking fines.......because I don't drive. But I always read these threads as Lady Seagull is bloody brilliant and I have passed on her sage advice to others.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      I never get parking fines.......because I don't drive. But I always read these threads as Lady Seagull is bloody brilliant and I have passed on her sage advice to others.
      @LadySeagull is indeed brilliant and not only puts time in on here but also, and probably far more, on another forum. The Lady is a saint.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lost in london View Post

This seems quite an odd thing to say given than a large proportion (most?) of these fines are for car parks where you don't have to pay. The only time I got one of these "fines" was when I visited a friend's flat in Hove and parked in a visitors' space (marked with a big V) not knowing that you still had to have some sort of permit to use it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

3 Not allowed!
      Just had this email from CP Plus for over staying at Pease Pottage Service station.

I used this template letter.

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner and to my MP. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require ALL photos taken and an explanation of the allegation and your evidence, i.e.: - If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it. - If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner. If you fail to evidence the actual grace period that applies at this site or suggest that only one period applies, this will be disregarded as an attempt to mislead. In the absence of evidence, it will be reasonably taken to be a minimum of twenty minutes (ten on arrival and ten after parking time) in accordance with the official BPA article by Kelvin Reynolds about 'observation periods' on arrival being additional and separate to a 'grace period' at the end. - in all cases, you must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date. Formal note: Should you later pursue this charge by way of litigation, note that service of any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed and you are not entitled to assume that the data in this dispute/appeal remains the current address for service in the future. Yours faithfully,
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Nice, you used one of my template letters!

It works first time with CP Plus, they are among the easiest to beat but always good to see it confirmed.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      I struggle to believe that anyone can be so naïve about the private parking scam !!!!

These shysters break the law to try and get money out of people. Even if you stick to the so called 'rules' they will issue a 'ticket'. One company was found out when it's operatives were changing the times on their cameras to make it look like people had overstayed when they hadn't.

You mention £60 being an OK amount ? Well, even their own trade body recommendations ( not that I hold their trade body in any esteem ) say that the cost of the 'ticket' should reflect the cost of a council ticket. Currently in B&H that is £35 assuming you pay quickly ….. not £60 plus. At least if you get a council ticket there is an INDEPENDENT body to appeal to ….. no such luck with a private 'ticket'.

These companies change the rules at a whim - even if they aren't allowed to. Let's take Portslade Aldi for example. Planning consent was granted by the council on the condition that anyone using the local shops could use the car park and the time limit was set to 3 hours. Aldi accepted this to gain planning permission for the store. Problem being they employ the shysters Parking Eye. Now the Parking Eye template rules for all Aldi stores is Aldi customers only and only 90 minutes allowed. So Parking Eye changed the rules for Portslade with no request to the council to alter planning permission. When this was pointed out to them and Aldi ( by me ! ) parking Eye applied for the change retrospectively ….. and it was rejected by the council. Unfortunately PE then took their case to the Planning Inspectorate who upheld the time limit change but not the use. Despite this PE changed their signs to say only Aldi shoppers were allowed to use the car park - a big fat lie. So after numerous phone calls to the council and emails and Facebook posts to Aldi and PE by me ( and I got blocked on the Aldi Facebook page in the end ! ) PE were forced to change the signs to 'Shoppers Only' - have a look if you pop in - you can see where they've had to apply the sticker over the old wording.

Before PE put in ANPR ( and I saw a customer cover his number plates before entering the car park the other month ) they had an 'warden'. I've be verbally abused and physically threatened by him. Why ? Because he didn't like me standing in front of cars he was trying to take photos of and me adding a little contact card on the windscreens of the people he'd ticketed giving people my details so they could get the ticket cancelled. That's the kind of thug these parking companies employ. Thankfully he lost his job due to ANPR ….. shame !

These companies claim to 'manage' car parks ….. hmmm ….. how do they manage abuse of disabled spaces with ANPR ? Of course they don't.

Then lets take the owners of these companies. Let's start with Adrian King of G24 Ltd ( @LadySeagull will know how much I like poking G24 ! ). This guy parks his car on double yellows when he goes to his office ….. how arrogant is that ? Funny story though - I once phoned his office 62 times in a single morning asking to speak to him …. the coward refused my call every time. I'm told by his staff I managed to block any other calls coming into his office that morning.

Of course then we have Val Capon of One Parking Solutions ( Brighton based to make it topical ). He has a criminal record as long as your arm yet his bullying ways have made him enough money to buy a helicopter ( thankfully we all know how dangerous helicopter flights can be …. he says hopingly ). Just to rub salt in, he has stood as a Lib Dem candidate in local elections ….. they associate themselves with the nicest of people !

Finally, just to hammer home what scumbags these companies are, I once helped a lady who was disabled and got a 'ticket' from Parking Eye. Her crime ? Getting back to her car 7 minutes late in an Aldi car park. A car displaying a blue badge. Parking Eye had refused her appeal and Aldi had effectively told her to sod off via Facebook. She was having sleepless nights with worry about being taken to court. Thankfully I spotted her post on the Aldi Facebook page and contacted her. After numerous emails to Aldi pointing out the law requiring 'reasonable adjustments' I got the ticket cancelled. Now imagine that's your elderly Mum ….. I'm sure you wouldn't be so forgiving of this scam industry all of a sudden !!!!!

*** rant over ***

All I was saying was that I think people should pay for the parking they need.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      And we agree. This is not what we are saying!

Neither I nor WS have ever said people should not pay the small tariff to park in a non-free car park.

That is almost never the cause of private parking tickets, believe me, and I help with these most days. It not about rogue parkers getting away with something, quite the opposite. It is always a scam, every time, and the entire industry is rotten and stinking.

Usually these are cash cow sites with hidden cameras. Mostly free retail car parks, hospitals, or residential permit car parks, where the signs are unlit, small print or hidden behind a bin. e.g. Stanmer Park, Sussex Yeoman or similar pubs, cinemas, hotels, that sort of place and the signage is woeful. Unless you are looking for it, like people like me and WS, you would not see it.

Or - guess what? Lots of pay & display car parks where people have left before the ticket expiry, then thrown the ticket away. I have a friend's one to do for her that's like that, right now, only she kept her ticket and she paid for an hour and left within 25 minutes!

You might scratch your head and wonder why people get a ticket if they didn't over stay. So do they!

It's usually down to a faulty keypad that doesn't record the full VRN they typed in, or the scammers have alleged that because it took the person sometimes more than 10 minutes to drive in, drive round & find a place to park, and go and pay at the machine (due to queues etc) that their time actually started when the camera caught them on entry. Even though the ticket receipt tells the driver a different end time. So they then get a postal PCN two weeks later, for ''taking too long'' to buy the ticket even though they did so straight after parking.

Don't ever think these are real parking tickets or the the driver is at fault. I can think of one case only in ten years of doing this where I thought the person deserved the PCN and had parked like a dickhead.
      Last edited by LadySeagull; 02-09-2019 at 18:02.