Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take 15th as our finishing position in May?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Anyone who says no needs their head checking, especially seeing as it's our first season with new management and if it were to happen it's obvious already that the football will have been far more entertaining than the last few years

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Southampton look like a decent bet especially how poor they looked

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes I think so although I'd hope we could do a little bit better than 15th.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As I've said before... 17th is fine for me, if we continue to play like this, win some, lose some, and draw some.

Dec 29, 2011
Yes, because it's another season our youth can develop and we can start seeing a return from our ample investment in the development squad. In 5 years we'll be able to rely on the income from selling players that have developed in the youth academy, but this will only be realistic if we stay in the premier League. For this reason, anything apart from relegation to be looked at upon with success in terms of our long term future as a first tier team.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
To all of the posters who say they would take 17th now, let’s say we did. I’m curious, would you then take 17th for next season? How about the following season? For how long would you be happy to take survival until you will say no, i would take 15th or 10th but not 17th?

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
To all of the posters who say they would take 17th now, let’s say we did. I’m curious, would you then take 17th for next season? How about the following season? For how long would you be happy to take survival until you will say no, i would take 15th or 10th but not 17th?

I would be happy with 17th for this season and maybe the next, we have a new manager and a new way of playing. He has inherited a squad that he has had to get to know their strengths and weaknesses over a short period of time. By the the summer window he will know who he wants to stay and those he would want to replace (if poss). So I would give him this season and the next before I would hope we started to become a mid table team. Obviously if we finish higher than 17th this year, it would make me very happy, but I would settle with staying up while playing half decent football for the next couple of seasons.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Anything above the bottom three.

I don’t think this season will be like last, when Huddersfield and Fulham were way adrift of everyone else.

It’s going to be much tighter, and a lot of clubs could find themselves fighting it out to stay above the relegation slots.

In that sense, I’ll happily take just staying up for another year while The Potter Project beds in, with a view to kicking on in 2020-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, because it's another season our youth can develop and we can start seeing a return from our ample investment in the development squad. In 5 years we'll be able to rely on the income from selling players that have developed in the youth academy, but this will only be realistic if we stay in the premier League. For this reason, anything apart from relegation to be looked at upon with success in terms of our long term future as a first tier team.

Perhaps that's what Chris Hughton thought; TB seems to have disagreed.

Re: the OP - yes, I'd take 15th. now.

Dec 29, 2011
Perhaps that's what Chris Hughton thought; TB seems to have disagreed.

Re: the OP - yes, I'd take 15th. now.

If we got relegated in the new few years we could be dragged back into the Championship melee and have to scrap for promotion. After 5 years I think we'd have enough to go down and have a good chance of coming straight back up (a la Newcastle) rather than stay down (a la Sunderland)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we got relegated in the new few years we could be dragged back into the Championship melee and have to scrap for promotion. After 5 years I think we'd have enough to go down and have a good chance of coming straight back up (a la Newcastle) rather than stay down (a la Sunderland)

...........or like Stoke or West Brom (or Forest or Leeds or.................)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Anything above 18 is good enough for me. Back in the EFL championship would be a shame and disgrace for this side after all that it has been through. I think those that wish for the relegation are simply delusional.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As long as we appear to be progressing, I think the position is irrelevant if not relegated. If we continued to be entertained, performances look good and we compete, then I’m happy with 17th because it looks a tough league this year with only Watford not winning and they’ll come good at some point.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anything above 18 is good enough for me. Back in the EFL championship would be a shame and disgrace for this side after all that it has been through. I think those that wish for the relegation are simply delusional.

I think those that believe football begins and ends in the Premier league are equally delusional, but each to their own I suppose.

I don't wish for relegation btw. I just wish for attractive football and whatever comes with it. What I don't want is years of being grateful for just crumbs from a big table. I'd rather eat a proper meal at another table if it comes to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here