Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] First The Dug Out, now the Directors’ Guest Lounge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I read in the program Barber has created another premium lounge option which includes seats at the back of the directors’ box. I had not heard about this before. Being naturally curious, does anyone know more? Has anyone utilised this option? And are the seats really in the directors box?

Fair play to his level of creativity.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
We need to club together to buy a seat behind the VAR review screen for the match announcer

He can then tell us WHY VAR had decided whatever it has decided up its ivory tower

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dont the Directors sit in their own allocated seats at the front of 1901 rather than in a specific box like the Goldstone Days?

Nope. The directors box is secured with a glass and metal barrier surrounding it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I read in the program Barber has created another premium lounge option which includes seats at the back of the directors’ box. I had not heard about this before. Being naturally curious, does anyone know more? Has anyone utilised this option? And are the seats really in the directors box?

Seem to recall NSC having this option at an NSC-sponsored match at Withdean. Seem to also recall Martin Perry imploring us to pipe down and stop getting behind the team quite so loudly :lolol:

el punal

If one accidentally spills their sherry over another, is VAR used when pistols are drawn at half time:shrug:

Now look here, it very much depends on which sherry we are talking about. If it is an Oloroso or even an Amontillado, or God forbid, a Moscatel being served when it is not accompanied by a dessert is very bad form. We are not talking about attending some post-funeral bash.

On the other hand a Manzanilla, with its tang of the sea, or an exquisite Fino then that would tick all the boxes don’t you know. :cheers:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Seem to recall NSC having this option at an NSC-sponsored match at Withdean. Seem to also recall Martin Perry imploring us to pipe down and stop getting behind the team quite so loudly :lolol:

:blush: You started it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Now look here, it very much depends on which sherry we are talking about. If it is an Oloroso or even an Amontillado, or God forbid, a Moscatel being served when it is not accompanied by a dessert is very bad form. We are not talking about attending some post-funeral bash.

On the other hand a Manzanilla, with its tang of the sea, or an exquisite Fino then that would tick all the boxes don’t you know. :cheers:

I've always been brought up on the knowledge that sherry is drunk by old ladies who play whist.
So I guess you're an expert in that field :whistle:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Fair play to his level of creativity.

Can't wait for Martin Perry and Derek Chapman to rock up at 2.55pm and find Barber has sold their seats to a fat bloke who runs a fleet of franchised kebab vans and a car-trader from Polegate.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Yes, the premium lounge at that back of the directors box at Withdean was the Withdean Sportsman.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
There are 2 directors' boxes at the Amex, separated by steps. As you walk down the steps, Brighton bigwigs on the left and away bigwigs on the right.

And I know this because I've sat in the away side a few times, there are seats available for relatives of players, scouts, referee assessor, etc. The back two rows always have an array of different people, so perhaps these are the seats that Barber is referring to?

As a view goes, it is excellent.

BUT……..the atmosphere is sterile / non-existent. No cheering, singing, swearing, etc. Felt weird being so restrained the whole time.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barber suggests these directors seats have already sold out. Has anyone seen anything about this.....or was it invite only?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is beginning to resemble a classic episode of Fraser:-

Fraser jealous of neighbours invite to new health spa.
F & N worm their way in.
The boys are so happy, until they learn of an even more exclusive area.
They worm their way in.
The boys are so happy.

But they convince themselves a further door is an entrance to somewhere even better.

Through it they find themselves locked out and in a filth alleyway.

Who plays Fraser opposite Tubthumpers Niles?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I’ve sat in the directors box several times. The most memorable was Hyypia’s last game, the horrendous defeat to Millwall. It was obvious Sammy had to go, people throughout the directors box were spewing some real bile at him as he walked down the tunnel post match. But the drama had only just begun. Tony calmly went back into the Board Room, we followed, he got his post match cuppa and watched the results coming in on the big telly, then he calmly asked Burke if he could have a quick chat. They went out into the ante-room, where the almost empty trophy cabinets were, and had the most massive stand up row. Tony ripped him to bits, and Burke was gone that week. And Sammy a week later. It was something to behold.

Other occasions I’ve been in the directors box, Bloom and Barber go proper spazmental when we score, no doubt about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here