Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pröpper, post match interview yesterday.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
: listened to full interview. It wasn’t a dig

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are times and places to express an opinion I dont think a post match interview is either.

I will suggest an interview, by its very definition, is the exact place to express an opinion.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
No trust me there's been plenty of veiled one liners.
As said I initially thought 'nah it's just me' but they soon stacked up.

I didn't see the point of opening that old wound up here, esp as they were considerably more ambiguous than Davy, but on that back of his comment yesterday if you had a quick trawl through other interviews you'll very soon be saying "that's a dig".

I’d noticed comments like that before as well. It’s sometimes hard to tell if it’s a deliberate dig at CH or whether it’s hard to praise something new under GP without it sounding like a dig at CH.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I dont think that it is the correct attitude for a player as I believe that they should want to win at all costs and not be happy to lose however it is done or how well we may have played.

Have a listen to the interview before passing judgement..context /tone and more importantly the questions asked all come into play
..personally I didn’t see it as a dig at all ..hopefully we’ve all moved on

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very easy for players to have/express opinions, as if we’d have gone down, they will just move on.

But at the of the day the manager will pay the price, so inevitably they set a team up in their own style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If we play like this all season but don't pick up any more points he may feel differently. I'm glad the players are enjoying themselves more this season but I'm a little concerned that our wonderful win at Watford has now been cancelled out by a defeat at home to a Saints side who will probably be fighting relegation right until the end of the season

el punal

Exactly what he said. Obviously a dig at CH and the frustrations many of the squad were feeling...and now they're free! We all loved CH, but it shows the club did the right thing.

Wasn’t there a rumour floating around, after the Bournemouth 5-0 debacle, that a deputation of senior players had gone to Hughton stating that they were unhappy with the tactics and style of play?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we play like this all season but don't pick up any more points he may feel differently. I'm glad the players are enjoying themselves more this season but I'm a little concerned that our wonderful win at Watford has now been cancelled out by a defeat at home to a Saints side who will probably be fighting relegation right until the end of the season

Exactly my view, loosing to Saints at home was very poor but holding out that what Andone did was the main cause for this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No problem with him expressing his opinion and preference. Maybe he can now start shooting with some intent? Most of his goal attempts are half hearted chicken shit weak efforts. He is better than that imo. We will be needing goals from the midfield this season, time to take some responsibility in front of goal Davy.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Bit early to be so gloomy about our prospects - there are no guarantees of anything in this league outside of Man City and Liverpool, everything else is ‘up for grabs,’ you only have to look at the Newcastle and Palace results this weekend to appreciate that. We’ll be fine.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd always felt slightly sorry for Propper under Hughton. Being converted from a goalscoring attacking midfield player to playing to a very limited brief as a defensive shield in front of the back four must have been pretty soul-destroying. I hope the Premier League wages and living in Sussex rather than anywhere near drab Eindhoven made up for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here