Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pröpper, post match interview yesterday.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On the way home after the game yesterday, I thought I heard Pröpper say on the radio that he'd....'rather we lost like that than defend all game'. Did I hear right?

By the tone of his voice, it sounded like a dig at our previous style of play. I agree with him, but I was quite surprised to hear a player be so forthright, if indeed that is what he said.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think that it is the correct attitude for a player as I believe that they should want to win at all costs and not be happy to lose however it is done or how well we may have played.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Exactly what he said. Obviously a dig at CH and the frustrations many of the squad were feeling...and now they're free! We all loved CH, but it shows the club did the right thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the way home after the game yesterday, I thought I heard Pröpper say on the radio that he'd....'rather we lost like that than defend all game'. Did I hear right?

By the tone of his voice, it sounded like a dig at our previous style of play. I agree with him, but I was quite surprised to hear a player be so forthright, if indeed that is what he said.

There has actually been a fair bit of that kind of talk.
At first I guessed I was just projecting my thoughts onto an innocent comment.
But there now have been far to many asides for it to be coincidence.

Davy certainly took the guesswork out of his comment yesterday.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I dont think that it is the correct attitude for a player as I believe that they should want to win at all costs and not be happy to lose however it is done or how well we may have played.

I think you'll find he was making a comparison, should they all be gagged from having an opinion?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There has actually been a fair bit of that kind of talk.
At first I guessed I was just projecting my thoughts onto an innocent comment.
But there now have been far to many asides for it to be coincidence.

Davy certainly took the guesswork out of his comment yesterday.

Interesting point you make about projecting your own thoughts onto the comment. That's a bit like how I was thinking, hence asking here to see really if I actually heard right.

First time I've heard one of our players be that direct about the situation tbh, which is why it took me a bit by surprise. Usually all I hear is the media trained talk from most.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting point you make about projecting your own thoughts onto the comment. That's a bit like how I was thinking, hence asking here to see really if I actually heard right.

First time I've heard one of our players be that direct about the situation tbh, which is why it took me a bit by surprise. Usually all I hear is the media trained talk from most.

No trust me there's been plenty of veiled one liners.
As said I initially thought 'nah it's just me' but they soon stacked up.

I didn't see the point of opening that old wound up here, esp as they were considerably more ambiguous than Davy, but on that back of his comment yesterday if you had a quick trawl through other interviews you'll very soon be saying "that's a dig".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

He didn't say he was happy to lose. The way I see it he was just saying that he preferred to lose it playing the way we played yesterday than losing it playing the way we played the same fixture last year.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He didn't say he was happy to lose. The way I see it he was just saying that he preferred to lose it playing the way we played yesterday than losing it playing the way we played the same fixture last year.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a wrong assumption.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

Obviously there is a time to defend and a time to attack. You have to choose which one is right at that moment in the game. I would rather we attack more and if we have the tools and inclination to attack why not. I was surprised at the way we attacked Watford away and hopefully its more to come but it can't be all gung-ho.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
This, all day long.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07lkgvz

As you would expect nothing unprofessional or barbed from Davy.
Just an honest answer to the question.

Fast becoming my Post-Bruno favourite player.

Thanks for the link. It confirms that I did hear right.

The comment just stood out to me as it was a bit different to the usual dull media trained responses I tend to switch off to.

As you say, nothing unprofessional, just an honest answer to the question really.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for the link. It confirms that I did hear right.

The comment just stood out to me as it was a bit different to the usual dull media trained responses I tend to switch off to.

As you say, nothing unprofessional, just an honest answer to the question really.

Yeah he's an articulate and intelligent fellow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here