Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Notting Hill Carnival

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone else going today to Europe’s biggest steeet party. One of THE great events in the British calendar, atmosphere is sure to be absolutely electric.

:O

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Anyone else going today to Europe’s biggest steeet party. One of THE great events in the British calendar, atmosphere is sure to be absolutely electric.

Except if you happen to own or rent a property there when all the locals board up everything and disappear for the weekend due to the vandalism. Don't live there, but a friend does, so just saying ......

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Except if you happen to own or rent a property there when all the locals board up everything and disappear for the weekend due to the vandalism. Don't live there, but a friend does, so just saying ......

Or they stay and party on the roofs whilst renting out their toilets to make £££

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So true Friday was manic many of my Holland Park customers wanting jobs done before they left for Carnival weekend.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I drove a lorry for a mate once, cash in hand.
Had a great time, music and the smells of the food were brilliant.
This was in the late 90s, it's now more of a social media thing, look at me generation....

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove

I live there, luckily my brother in law has gone to Sardinia so we decamped to his place to avoid the incessant :vuvu:which seem to have made their way to Carnival after being surplus to requirements in SA post World Cup!

Having said that I used to love Carnival, Sancho Panza , Norman Jay & Good Times. I think I'll probably sneak back for a mosey round at some point over the weekend, just to make sure we haven't been burgled or someone taken over my place and charging people £1 to use the toilet!!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We had an absolute hoot.

What a party, what an atmosphere.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Went to SW4, by far the hottest music fest I've been too!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here