Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Some of you lot must be fun at parties. Yes it was a bad challenge - not that everyone will have seen it at the time - and of course it deserved a red. I've no problem with booing though. It's a partisan home game and he got up and played on. What do you want a whip round for a 'Get well soon' card and a bunch of flowers with 3 points attached?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      I guess it was the same people in the stadium who applauded andone as he walked off the pitch knowing he had just thrown the game away for us!
      ESU Zimmer Crew

0 Not allowed!
      I didn't see the challenge properly. It happened so quickly. But then I knew the referee was in a position to so accepted the verdict. For that reason I gave Andone no applause. Knowing what a hot head he is I guessed it was naturally a dangerous move.

I was a bit agitated by the boos. It shows a classless ignorance. I'm all for partisan support. But what I heard was the part of the game I don't enjoy. They'll always be a sound from the sewers at matches. The reality is at least the majority of folk don't get involved.
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was that when we took Bejams....?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post

Unclear why Potter shook his hand either.

My thoughts EXACTLY - was It for his previous 29 minutes worth of endeavour? Awful, awful tackle, screwed us over bigtime

That said, well done to the team for the rest of the game, Still upbeat, despite the result

3 Not allowed!
      Loads around me applauding Andone. I simply can't get it in my head why anyone would want to do that. Even without the clearest view it was a red all day long. The effects of that may well be felt for the rest of the season. Make no mistake we are now under serious pressure and behind where we need to be. Just winning against Burnley still leaves us behind and, without one of the most ridiculous challenges I've seen from a Brighton player, I truly believe we'd have won that game. Utter utter moron.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      It was just as clear from where I was sitting in the WSU.

Booing Valery and applauding Andone as he walked off was as unclassy as you can get. Some were actually standing to applaud Andone as if he had taken one for the team!!
      Agree. I sit in WSU too and the second it happened I said to my fellows 'that's a straight red' and nobody argued. And then it was. People clapping Flozza off and booing Valery - as pathetic as those who booed Muzza every time he returned with another club.

However.....watching the replay....you can see what Flozza was trying to do....get in there and shield the ball....but it all went horribly wrong.....I would be disappointed if Flozza gets a five match ban.

Back to OP's point, I was also embarrassed by the howling over Stain's timewasting and grabbing some extra yards for throws, chants against VAR, and the playground 'you don't know what you're doing'ing at the ref. The latter took me back to the dim days of the fourth tier, when we were being reffed away at Chesterfield by part time schoolteachers (if we were lucky) and plucky postmen.

When ever I need the occasional 'wake up and smell the coffee - we are not, and never will be a 'big club'' reminder, some of our support is a social service that never fails to deliver.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Danson View Post
      Loads around me applauding Andone. I simply can't get it in my head why anyone would want to do that. Even without the clearest view it was a red all day long. The effects of that may well be felt for the rest of the season. Make no mistake we are now under serious pressure and behind where we need to be. Just winning against Burnley still leaves us behind and, without one of the most ridiculous challenges I've seen from a Brighton player, I truly believe we'd have won that game. Utter utter moron.
      Behind what? You didn’t ever think this season we would be top 10?
      You make me

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      Behind what? You didn’t ever think this season we would be top 10?
      Behind the points needed to stay up.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post
      I'm in WSL towards the south end and didn't get a good view and whilst I didn't boo/applaud I guess I could understand others with same limited view doing so.

Having seen the replays I hope Potter can sort Andone out, will be a big gamble to start him again anytime soon. He's hardly a prolific scorer and if thuggery is his MO then he needs to find a different sport
      I have no idea what excuse those in the ESL will use, whatever it is it certainly won't be justifiable.
      We could see it was a sending off before it happened and yet people around me still brayed and clapped.

I couldn't have been more excited about the day, from 2 till 3:30pm, then I couldn't wait to get back to work today.

Nobody should ever be applauded for making someone else look forward to work.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

Members

5 Not allowed!
      I was in East Stand upper and my instant reaction was that it was an awful tackle. Those around me though thought the guy was play acting and were happily booing him. Just awful. On a cautionary note though players do bring this on themselves rather by diving and play acting. Mind you cue in Andone here. I recall him falling to the ground without being touched.

His attitude is all wrong and until this is changed he should be nowhere near the squad let alone the team. We cannot afford to give any points away like yesterday.