Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booing Valery WTF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have you actually seen the challenge in realtime? Or are you making your assumption from the stills that make it look far worse than it actually was?

He hardly caught him on the leg, thankfully. He led with his arse, trying to barge Valery off the ball by backing into him. There was only a glancing blow on the leg, certainly not enough to injure him.

I'm not defending Andone, it was reckless and he can have no complaints, but I do think Valery made a meal of it.

It happened in front of Block G in the North stand so yes, we saw it in real time. My husband immediately said, he's off - gone in studs up.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
People booing Valery and actually clapping Andone off.

Football illiterates.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
It happened in front of Block G in the North stand so yes, we saw it in real time. My husband immediately said, he's off - gone in studs up.

Saw it right in front of me in the East Stand and it was a red all day long. Caught Valery just below the knee. Looked to me as if his leg buckled due to the impact too so I'm not surprised he was down for some time.

To suggest it was just a glancing blow is a big assumption even from the replays and Andone would/should have been off even if Valery had bounced right back up again, so I thought the booing was pretty feeble.

Certainly nobody in my area who saw it close up was booing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Simple, by your own words you mindlessly followed the crowd, if true you dont meet the standards I want in people that I form cordial relationships with.

I was taking the p1ss bit I guess you didn't get that being so high up on your horse.

Who are you to say who should vote or have kids because you don't agree with someone's views or actions?

Why don't you live and let live instead of being so judgemental, on a message board of all places.

I hope you made it clear to all those around you that you were so outraged by it and let them know they shouldn't have the right to vote or have kids? My guess is you didn't as you can only do it behind a keyboard.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If that's your idea of giggles at a party glad I'm not invited. People booing simply show a lack of class and supreme ignorance. And the " did not see it clearly excuse is lame.

Oh come on. It's booing. Its like 'You're shit aaarrggghh' waving your arms to put a penalty taker off and dishing out abuse when an opposition player is within earshot. Pantomime and puerile and everything football has been about for years.

All these lack of class comments belong in a cotton traders top at a Rugger game where everyone can sit in silence watching the kicker.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
https://twitter.com/i/status/1165271505611231238 Stop this at 2 seconds and tell me he lead with his arse.

Yes he led with his arse. In fact that angle shows Andone's leg was already on its trajectory prior to Valery stretching out a leg into Andone's path.

I'm not saying Andone did not deserve to go, nor that it was Valery's own fault. I'm just pointing out that it was reckless not malicious.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Shocking challenge, bad reaction from the crowd. Got to remember the average football fan’s IQ is clearly not on par with many other sports by sheer virtue of numbers. There are a lot of us compared to cricket or rugby in this country.

Yesterday someone was being so dense in the match thread I had to ignore them.

I don’t come on here or go to games expecting clever input.

That said, no matter how blinkered or partisan even the thickest troglodytes are, I don’t understand booing opposition players who have just almost had their leg broken. Nor do I understand clapping off someone who just just individually cost his team a chance to win through his own violence tinged hubris

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I was in my study and I booed! Am I childish and purile? God ,yes....I was pissed as well. This is all part of the entertainment of football. I questioned the refs parentage and I uttered a few naughty words towards Andone, I'll get over the disappointment of losing but if somebody wants to, by proxy, be offended by my behaviour don't let me stop you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here