Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booing Valery WTF

nickjhs

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Ok, for those of you booing Valery after Andone tried to snap his leg in two, WHY? What is your reasoning? Or did you just hear someone else do it and like the good sheep that you are you just had to Baaa along? Personally I would like to see Andone rubbed out for 5 games for that. He could have destroyed the guys career and yet here you are booing the victim? Too be honest hearing you boo was downright embarrassing.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ok, for those of you booing Valery after Andone tried to snap his leg in two, WHY? What is your reasoning? Or did you just hear someone else do it and like the good sheep that you are you just had to Baaa along? Personally I would like to see Andone rubbed out for 5 games for that. He could have destroyed the guys career and yet here you are booing the victim? Too be honest hearing you boo was downright embarrassing.

Agreed.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Seems a little harsh to be honest!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No-one likes a good boo more than me, but anyone who saw the challenge live had no reason to give the player stick. It was a bad challenge and he was blameless.

I guess from some parts of the ground it wouldn't have looked as clear cut and it may have appeared that Valery had dived or embellished the fall. From the East lower it was clear Andone was 100% to blame.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No-one likes a good boo more than me, but anyone who saw the challenge live had no reason to give the player stick. From the East lower it was clear Andone was 100% to blame.

It was just as clear from where I was sitting in the WSU.

Booing Valery and applauding Andone as he walked off was as unclassy as you can get. Some were actually standing to applaud Andone as if he had taken one for the team!!

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree.

Unclear why Potter shook his hand either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree.

I think he said he couldn’t see clearly what happened and maybe Andone said “sorry boss” as he came off? Watching it on a stream, so seeing exactly what Andone did, I too was surprised by handshakes all round as he came off. It was thuggery from Andone.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I thought the club had a don't employ dick heads policy, well we certainly have one with Andone and this is not something new in his game. He is a blot against our recruitment policy

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Agree.

Yes, and a commiseratory hand on the shoulder too.

There’s a time for a fatherly hand on the shoulder and sympathy/empathy, and there’s a time for a studied stare into the distance followed by a bollocking in private. Definitely the latter in Andone’s case yesterday, imo. I think Potter called that wrong.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think he said he couldn’t see clearly what happened and maybe Andone said “sorry boss” as he came off? Watching it on a stream, so seeing exactly what Andone did, I too was surprised by handshakes all round as he came off. It was thuggery from Andone.

Ah, fair enough. Haven’t heard any interviews.

Really cost us.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Someone on Twitter said he thought Valery was play acting. I'm in the north stand and could see that was a leg breaker. Yes, he got up after a while, after pain killing spray., but he was the first one subbed off in the game.

It reminded me of the idiots at Derby when Calde was booed for having blood on his face, and Solly booed off for rupturing his cruciate ligament.
Grow up people, you don't boo an injured player.

The Optimist

Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
How about if his leg broke, harsh then? The frigging intent seemed to be there he just got lucky in that there was no damage done. **** him.

I think it was a joke about the fact that you said rubbed out when presumably you meant ruled out.

I was in WSU and while I couldn’t tell exactly what happened it didn’t look like a good challenge. So I was surprised to hear the booing. It seems that some fans are so partisan that they can’t possibly accept that it might be our player in the wrong.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm in WSL towards the south end and didn't get a good view and whilst I didn't boo/applaud I guess I could understand others with same limited view doing so.

Having seen the replays I hope Potter can sort Andone out, will be a big gamble to start him again anytime soon. He's hardly a prolific scorer and if thuggery is his MO then he needs to find a different sport

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I think it was a joke about the fact that you said rubbed out when presumably you meant ruled out.

I was in WSU and while I couldn’t tell exactly what happened it didn’t look like a good challenge. So I was surprised to hear the booing. It seems that some fans are so partisan that they can’t possibly accept that it might be our player in the wrong.

In WSU. I said red card as soon as it happened.
What he was trying to do, was get his foot over the ball, plant his leg and protect it. But when the defender also stretched for the ball, Andone jumped and turned which made the tackle appear dreadful.
It was a red card all day, but I don’t think it had the intent to break the guys leg. It was just stupid and a poorly executed attempt to protect the ball. Potter said as much. But Cost us three points. As others have said, may not have under Hughton.
But we were great to watch and I came away satisfied that the team has done their best.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I was up in WSU and admittedly didn't think it looked that bad until I saw the replays. Didn't boo. But it does happen. Remember Derby booing Solly March off the pitch? Sometimes fans just don't think an injury is as bad as all that.

He didn't deserve the booing but equally we don't really need to go on a witch-hunt amongst ourselves.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
May 8, 2018

Would have preferred a stare straight through him but can’t blame potter, sure he will get his own back at the Xmas panto

nickjhs

Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

Ah I get it, rubbed out (at least in a sporting context) here means banned, it does not mean killed. Its a bit like sprogs, can't say "how are the sprogs" here sprog means cum. But yep now you you have pointed it out the post makes sense.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It was just as clear from where I was sitting in the WSU.

Booing Valery and applauding Andone as he walked off was as unclassy as you can get. Some were actually standing to applaud Andone as if he had taken one for the team!!

Exactly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here