Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ali-J IN! Andone out!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We need players with his aggression?
Do we?

Controlled aggression is fine ....... but Andone's aggression is uncontrolled, and a red card waiting to happen every time he plays.
I thought he started the game really well today, the best I've seen him play for a long while, but his ludicrous challenge undoubtedly cost us the game today, I am in no doubt about that whatsoever.

He crossed the line once too often today and as far as I'm concerned he can now be filed under the category of 'major liability'.
For that reason I'm quite comfortable if he never pulls on the shirt again.

I'm not saying I never want him to play again.

If he does play I will clap and cheer everything good that he does all the time he's wearing a BHA shirt, but if Potter decides enough is enough and offloads him I won't be shedding any tears.

Shirts V Skins?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I honestly don't think he was intending to touch Valery's leg. This is something Andone does, jumping in and spinning round, using his body and momentum to block the opponent whilst shielding the ball.

Yes it's unconventional and clumsy, and Unfortunately for Andone, on this occasion Valery stretched out a leg which he caught unintentionally.

Don't write him off just yet, we need players with his aggression. He just needs to be more careful.

It doesn’t have to be “intentional” to be a straight red. “Serious foul play”, which is one of the justifications for a straight red is partially defined by the FA as “A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent...” - intent is irrelevant.

Andone’s tackle (and I hesitate to use that word to describe what he did) patently endangered Valery’s safety. As clear a red as you’ll ever see. Not for the first time with this player.

Andone is a liability at the moment. He needs to control his emotions/anger much, much better. Supposedly, that should be something that Potter is good at helping players with. I think he’s got his work cut out with Andone, but we’ll see.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
i was annoyed at the time ,
thought the ref was at fault!
but what else could he do ?
Andone cost us today

Replace “andone cost us today “ with “it was like an assault” and you’ve got yourself a hit record

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He has had plenty of chances and has no clue what he is doing technique is useful if you use it to go round players or or pick out a pass. He cannot do either we would be better off using an u23 player.

He played alright against Man City, and rattled walkers cage . . .we've not seen him much on the right. That is his position is it not? And somewhere we are lacking.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought he was unlucky. The guy shouldn't have put his knee any where near Andone's foot.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
In the Northstand concourse, immediately before the game we had the following conversation

Me : I bet Andone is a nightmare to play against, he's a nasty little f***er
Mate : Only problem is he is a red card waiting to happen

(And this wasn't Meg :wink:)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Amazed at how many people are shocked at what happened he has shown what he was like in a number of incidents though usually with his arms rather than his feet. I said lat week a ticking time bomb who should not replace Murray at start but maybe comes on later. Yes still means he could be sent off but still potentially our second best striker.

What we learnt from yesterday is that Murray is still our number one striker , Maupay did a lot of running but did not look like he is a top goal scorer ( no for that matter did Che Adams). Maupay will have time to acclimatise to the pace which i think is the issue and hopefully will come good. Locadia looked like he had fogotten some of his basic football skills .

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Don't want to see Andone anywhere near the first team unless injuries force it. Completely unacceptable brain dead recklessness cost us the game. Absolute prick.

Alireza is not the answer however.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Don't want to see Andone anywhere near the first team unless injuries force it. Completely unacceptable brain dead recklessness cost us the game. Absolute prick.

Alireza is not the answer however.

Agreed but he probably should be given a chance for a few games, we have a few options Murray & Maupay, Murray & Trossard with Mooy coming in to fill Trossard roll , Murray & Connolly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here