Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official 'clutching at straws' positivity thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got nowhere to put this, so what the hell, there's no harm in having glint of sunlight on a gloomy page 1.

Propper's run from deep inside our half, ghosting past at least 3 Southampton players, was a thing a great beauty.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There’s no need for this thread. We’d have won if Andone wasn’t such a ****. I’m happy. Apart from with him. He needs the Potter magic (sorry) working on his temper or he needs to be sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah the new Propper is a wonderful thing.
I concede that he is much improved under Potter and one of the early successes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
One positive is we now definitely know Andone cannot be trusted for discipline. Incidents last season perhaps put down as just rash or accidents, today proof he has a screw loose.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Plenty to be positive about and lots of signs of progression. We also have the benefit of now having a different and more positive approach to away games which means we can start picking up points and wins away instead of solely relying on our home form

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another positive for me is the growing confidence of Solly.

Sure he still can't shoot for toffee but he's really getting to grips with the space he's finding himself in.

Dan Burn owes a lot for his performances to Solly as he's clearly starting to scare the opposition.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
If this is actually a serious thread then there are loads of positives:

1) Stephens looks WAY better in this formation
2) So do March and Montoya
3) Dan Burn has changed from a reserve to a MotM winning BEAST
4) Maupay will grow in to this league
5) Andone must be on his last chance
6) Jahanbaksh still hasn't played
7) The constant will they / won't they put the lyrics of GOSBTS on the screen allows for a tremendous, evens-odds, betting game just before kick off when everyone's phones pack in
8) Dunk
9) Heaven forbid that the VAR link to Heathrow should malfunction. But imagine if it did :angel:
10) I stayed awake for the whole 90 minutes and have no current plans not to renew my season ticket
11) Andone must be on his last chance
12) Locadia can probably get a really tasty DJ gig in the international break and if someone can keep him at said rave then Connelly can have his place on the bench.
13) It was actually interesting to watch
14) Andone must be on his last chance
15) We'll have done enough homework on Stains to do them when we go there :lolol:
16) More than one shot on target
17) There seems to be more beer options around the ground
18) Trains ran well
19) Trossard
20) An actual feeling of "come on then" when the time added on was announced. Until they scored a few seconds later.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There’s no need for this thread. We’d have won if Andone wasn’t such a ****. I’m happy. Apart from with him. He needs the Potter magic (sorry) working on his temper or he needs to be sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strangely I'm happy too. And I'm usually like a bitch on heat, locked in an unventilated Ford Cortina in Faversham Tesco in the middle of August, after a defeat.

Strangely I'm happy too. And I'm usually like a bitch on heat, locked in an unventilated Ford Cortina in Faversham Tesco in the middle of August, after a defeat.

A very disturbing image indeed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If this is actually a serious thread then there are loads of positives:

1) Stephens looks WAY better in this formation
2) So do March and Montoya
3) Dan Burn has changed from a reserve to a MotM winning BEAST
4) Maupay will grow in to this league
5) Andone must be on his last chance
6) Jahanbaksh still hasn't played
7) The constant will they / won't they put the lyrics of GOSBTS on the screen allows for a tremendous, evens-odds, betting game just before kick off when everyone's phones pack in
8) Dunk
9) Heaven forbid that the VAR link to Heathrow should malfunction. But imagine if it did :angel:
10) I stayed awake for the whole 90 minutes and have no current plans not to renew my season ticket
11) Andone must be on his last chance
12) Locadia can probably get a really tasty DJ gig in the international break and if someone can keep him at said rave then Connelly can have his place on the bench.
13) It was actually interesting to watch
14) Andone must be on his last chance
15) We'll have done enough homework on Stains to do them when we go there :lolol:
16) More than one shot on target
17) There seems to be more beer options around the ground
18) Trains ran well
19) Trossard
20) An actual feeling of "come on then" when the time added on was announced. Until they scored a few seconds later.

:lolol:

When I left at 85 minutes I had a fleeting moment of regret at missing our likely equalizer (instead of the 'time to go - TFFT' feeling I had at every home game last season, win lose or lose), and was bemused rather than disappointed when I flicked on R5 and discovered we'd lost.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Potter now knows all about Andone’s temperament.

Solly March is the business in his new role.

Trossard is a quality forward.

Dunk and Stephens are loving their football under GP.

I should have just said that :lolol:

Spot on for picking out the actual footballing plusses. Though I still don't think today was anywhere near as depressing as last season's loss to them.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Spot on for picking out the actual footballing plusses. Though I still don't think today was anywhere near as depressing as last season's loss to them.

If we can play like that with 10 players, with 11, plenty of good times ahead.

When they last visited I remember their CM three including Ward-Prick and Armstrong running the game, Redmond destroying an isolated MM from start to finish. Today we gave them a whole load of problems before and after Andone’s moron moment.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Potter should obviously stage a production of Me and My Girl.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Potter now knows all about Andone’s temperament.

Solly March is the business in his new role.

Trossard is a quality forward.

Dunk and Stephens are loving their football under GP.

I thought in GP post match interview, when the SSnerd kept trying to get a soundbite from GP about the red card.
GP turned a negative into a positive, on commenting on the red card into how the players took up the mantle and played for the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here