Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did you celebrate Albion's "goal"?

Did you celebrate Albion's "goal"?

• Yes!

Votes: 100 51.5%
  • No, I am generally fearful of VAR.

Votes: 50 25.8%
  • No, I suspected Burn was going to get called up for something.

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
No and I doubt I’ll bother celebrating any goal while VAR is in place as there’s always a chance they’ll find something wrong with the goal.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Yes. Can only properly spontaneously celebrate a goal once. And that once is in real time.

Oh, and can we maybe SHACKLE Dan Burn just a tiny wee bit so he doesn't cost us quite so many VAR-decided goals? That's two in two games now.

Yeah Dan Burn is a real bloody problem isn't he.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes.

Celebrated until the VAR POLICE said *no*

Winkers, utter Winkers.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I did celebrate immediately, but curtailed it very quickly as I suddenly remembered VAR before it was called for. I genuinly don't care now about getting the right decision, VAR is going to ruin football for the fans. It can **** off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I didn't.

On reflection I'm not sure if that's because I'm already accustomed to the world of VAR and was waiting to see what happened, or whether I just instinctively knew that with Burn standing right by the keeper, something was amiss.

Did you celebrate?

No, Burn knew he was guilty and didn’t seem to be joining in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In respect of VAR-disallowed goals, yes. In every other aspect, no.

Plus he was caught miles upfield for Southampton's first goal today, and kept Hernandez onside for West Ham's goal last week.

Yes, his general play is excellent, but a few minor errors have been costing us dear. What exactly he thought he was doing at that corner is anybody's guess.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I didn't.

On reflection I'm not sure if that's because I'm already accustomed to the world of VAR and was waiting to see what happened, or whether I just instinctively knew that with Burn standing right by the keeper, something was amiss.

Did you celebrate?
I went absolutely mental.

Then the *winker* in the VAR room said "No"

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Thought it was a foul on the keeper straightaway. With the introduction of VAR I’m trying to learn not to immediately celebrate a goal, but it’s tough and takes the enjoyment out of the game.

My scratchcard would have won me £50 if the first goal had been on the 38th minute. When the "goal" went in I celebrated then cursed my luck that it was in the 37th minute but never mind as we were 1 - 0 up. Ah, I had forgotten VAR so as well as the agony of the wait I then started to wonder if the goal being was timed as when the VAR decision was made - I even began to worry if it would flip over into the 39th minute :( Sadly no £50, no 3 points - would have happily settled for the latter.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thought it was a foul on the keeper straightaway. With the introduction of VAR I’m trying to learn not to immediately celebrate a goal, but it’s tough and takes the enjoyment out of the game.

Turns out you were wrong then as it was disallowed for offside (I believe).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Half heartedly because everyone else in the NS did the same, it really wasn’t the usual full blown roar and elation.

From 100 metres plus away, this wouldn’t be because anyone saw an infringement. But because VAR has diluted that magical moment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No.

I haven't celebrated a goal immediately for years. I have always waited to ensure the referee has given the goal and there is no soppy flag waving, since a goal was chalked off some years ago.

I don't mind a wait. Then, if the goal is given, I lose my shit.

That's the way I like it.

There is a very colourful analogy I could use to clarify this but good taste and decorum preclude its deployment :lolol:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I did. But I stopped when I saw Burn looming over their goalkeeper. It was always going to be ruled out.

I was pro-VAR last week and I'm pro-VAR this week but f**k me the implementation needs looking at.

Just tell us what's going on. That's all it needs. And, even if the check is immediate and conclusive, still just let us know. Mic up the referees. Put the video on screen. Anything but this nebulous, anonymous shit we have now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here