Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did you celebrate Albion's "goal"?

Did you celebrate Albion's "goal"?

• Yes!

Votes: 100 51.5%
  • No, I am generally fearful of VAR.

Votes: 50 25.8%
  • No, I suspected Burn was going to get called up for something.

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't.

On reflection I'm not sure if that's because I'm already accustomed to the world of VAR and was waiting to see what happened, or whether I just instinctively knew that with Burn standing right by the keeper, something was amiss.

Did you celebrate?

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Initially. Then saw the ref stood there making no move to get everyone back to the centre and knew it would be ruled out.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Watching on tv, yes i did, but before Kevin Friend even got the VAR result, i had seen the replay and knew it wasn't going to count, so wasn't cheering for long.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The keeper was on the floor somehow, and so I knew the goal wouldn’t stand.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I thought it was probably too good to be true. So no, I am generally fearful of VAR.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I saw Friend give the ball to their keeper straightaway & put his finger to his ear. I did wonder how you could be offside from a corner but it was the other end of the pitch from me.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not as vociferously as last week.
Who said an old dog can't learn new tricks.

By the end of the season I might not have to get out of my seat at all.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
In the north stand 2D vision gives you **** all opportunity to actually see anything, somImassumed it'd get disallowed, it was inevitable, one of those days.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Not really. Something just seemed wrong but couldn't see quite what. At least the ref indicated quite quickly that something was up.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I saw their keeper on the floor so I decided i'll cheer if the var decisions goes our way.

Once again var determines how we react to a potential goal. Cheerful but with a spoon of uncertainty. This is going to be the case for 80% of goals scored at the amex.

When the screen reads a goal
It's not Shearer or Cole.......

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
In the north stand 2D vision gives you **** all opportunity to actually see anything, somImassumed it'd get disallowed, it was inevitable, one of those days.

Have you only got one eye?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes. Can only properly spontaneously celebrate a goal once. And that once is in real time.

Oh, and can we maybe SHACKLE Dan Burn just a tiny wee bit so he doesn't cost us quite so many VAR-decided goals? That's two in two games now.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Have you only got one eye?
I have but even I could see from the officials' body language they knew it wasn't a goal. The fact they don't signal before checking but act as if they had is what annoys me. I go back to my rant of last week. Cricket style soft signals is the way to go. At least we would have have half a clue what is going on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That was the right call but I still hate VAR. Last season the ref and lino would have called that in less than 10 seconds, but they're too scared to give a decision now.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A bit, but after last week any goal that has a bit of a scramble in the box, or a breakaway, means it’s a bit half-hearted for me. Not the same, is it.....

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yes and no, it wasn't a 100% goal for me at the time, but thought it probably was OK. More a muted celebration I would say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here