Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our passing today...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
...Was a joy to watch at times.

The tightest of spaces, the smallest of gaps, short, quick, forward, and somehow the ball seemed to always stick even when blasted in to feet.

Some of our football today was absolutely beautiful.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agreed. We were really inventive despite playing with ten men for over an hour.

Shame the finishing couldn't get anywhere near the passing standard

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

The tightest of spaces, the smallest of gaps, short, quick, forward, and somehow the ball seemed to always stick even when blasted in to feet.

Sounds a great match to watch.

Let me know which team it was and I’ll join you there next week.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A loss, be it with everything to still believe, is a loss, and it will bring out the trolls. Thought, considering 2/3rds of a game with 10 men, our positiveness shone through. Passing was accurate and crisp and we didn't revert to 4-4-1 when idiot was sent off. I am enjoying the football so far, but boy is it so frustrating when daylight robbery from that other south coast club is committed on our patch.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Potterball was sublime. The attacking intent was so good to see. We should’ve got 6 instead of 1 from the hammers and stains so when as we start to PANIC?

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
A loss, be it with everything to still believe, is a loss, and it will bring out the trolls. Thought, considering 2/3rds of a game with 10 men, our positiveness shone through. Passing was accurate and crisp and we didn't revert to 4-4-1 when idiot was sent off. I am enjoying the football so far, but boy is it so frustrating when daylight robbery from that other south coast club is committed on our patch.
Why would you reduce your forwards from 3 to 1?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We could so easily have been sitting up there with Liverpool on 9 points. Desperately need to practice shooting, but overall the football is indeed sublime. As for Andone? Less said the better, but he is an idiot.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We still had 51% possession and as many shots as they did. Andone apart, things just didn't fall for us today. On another day we'd win that game. Frustrating for sure.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Agree ! We look purposeful going forward, Propper is a different player than last season ! Every player when on the ball is looking for that incisive pass, players not on the ball are wanting it, to man they all want to attack.

Ok we got beat today, but we got beat playing football, trying to be adventurous.

So different from last season!

We will be ok !

I’m tempted to go large on us beating City !!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We still had 51% possession and as many shots as they did. Andone apart, things just didn't fall for us today. On another day we'd win that game. Frustrating for sure.

A Hyypia like tendency to drop points when we should have done better!

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I agree our passing was good today, it was also good against West Ham, and although I didn't attend the Watford game I believe it was equally good that day as well.

Sadly, our shooting was woeful today, it was equally poor against West Ham .... (I don't know about Watford).

Watching Match of the Day tonight it struck me how many of the teams that won scored with good shots from range.
Did we get a single shot on target today?
I don't remember it if we did.

Mr Potter needs to have them practicing shooting a bit more I feel.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree our passing was good today, it was also good against West Ham, and although I didn't attend the Watford game I believe it was equally good that day as well.

Sadly, our shooting was woeful today, it was equally poor against West Ham .... (I don't know about Watford).

Watching Match of the Day tonight it struck me how many of the teams that won scored with good shots from range.
Did we get a single shot on target today?
I don't remember it if we did.

Mr Potter needs to have them practicing shooting a bit more I feel.

12 shots each, we had 3 on target, they had 4. Doesn't take a genius to find that stat.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To many people on here just absolutely need to find a reason to moan at our first defeat of the campaign, a game that we basically ran while the Scummers went home giggling like little schoolgirls knowing they stole a win.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
12 shots each, we had 3 on target, they had 4. Doesn't take a genius to find that stat.

I've searched my memory banks ... can't recall the 3 on target, but I'm happy to concede I'm wrong?
Can you enlighten me as to which shots they were?

Locadia hitting the post is off target, so that isn't one of them.
I genuinely can't recall one, let alone three, so maybe you can cheer me up a little by jogging my memory?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here