Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our passing today...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've searched my memory banks ... can't recall the 3 on target, but I'm happy to concede I'm wrong?
Can you enlighten me as to which shots they were?

Locadia hitting the post is off target, so that isn't one of them.
I genuinely can't recall one, let alone three, so maybe you can cheer me up a little by jogging my memory?

Nope, not at all, as I can't remember, although that is nothing to go by, I can't remember what I did Friday! But the stats are clear to see on the BBC as an easy call to the main stats, I just checked the PL website, definitely 3. Trossard also clipped the crossbar on his mistimed cross. I'm sure somebody here later can tell you.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Nope, not at all, as I can't remember, although that is nothing to go by, I can't remember what I did Friday! But the stats are clear to see on the BBC as an easy call to the main stats, I just checked the PL website, definitely 3. Trossard also clipped the crossbar on his mistimed cross. I'm sure somebody here later can tell you.

I'd rather believe my own eyes than a set of statistics probably compiled by a spotty teenager on minimum wage who is only half watching the game on a grainy TV monitor while also surfing their social media sites on a mobile phone propped up in their lap.
What's the old saying?
There are lies, there are damn lies ..... and there are statistics!

If we had reeled off three excellent shots on target today, then both you and I would have remembered all of them, but as it is, neither of us can remember a single one of them!

My original point still stands ... our shooting so far this season has been poor and needs addressing.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Strange thing happened at Watford
Prior to the game, all our starting players were shooting at the practice goal which was towards us, the away fans. When they had nearly finished their shooting drill I turned to my mate and said how poor the accuracy of our shooting was, didn't bode well for the game. As it turned out we won 3-0 but my observation stands, shooting practice was abysmal and looks like it's costing us dearly in the last two games after that initial away win.
I trust Potter and his staff will try to rectify that issue quickly

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I'd rather believe my own eyes than a set of statistics probably compiled by a spotty teenager on minimum wage who is only half watching the game on a grainy TV monitor while also surfing their social media sites on a mobile phone propped up in their lap.
What's the old saying?
There are lies, there are damn lies ..... and there are statistics!

If we had reeled off three excellent shots on target today, then both you and I would have remembered all of them, but as it is, neither of us can remember a single one of them!

My original point still stands ... our shooting so far this season has been poor and needs addressing.

There was a weak shot in the first half, Montaya I think. Another was Propper's shot straight at the keeper when he should have done better in the second half. The third......I cannot recall.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Some of Stephens' through balls were exquisite I thought. You wondered 'what's he doing', then realised.
Not a big fan of Stephens but I thought he had a good game. At one point in the first half be took the ball from the feet of a saints player and defused a very dangerous situation.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
There was a weak shot in the first half, Montaya I think. Another was Propper's shot straight at the keeper when he should have done better in the second half. The third......I cannot recall.
Maupay had a weak shot and Montoya headed to the keeper

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I've searched my memory banks ... can't recall the 3 on target, but I'm happy to concede I'm wrong?
Can you enlighten me as to which shots they were?

Locadia hitting the post is off target, so that isn't one of them.
I genuinely can't recall one, let alone three, so maybe you can cheer me up a little by jogging my memory?

Maupay scuff 1st half
Propper 2nd half

I’ll have to leave you in suspense for the third

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not a big fan of Stephens but I thought he had a good game. At one point in the first half be took the ball from the feet of a saints player and defused a very dangerous situation.

That was a superb tackle rightly applauded around the stadium.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Strange thing happened at Watford
Prior to the game, all our starting players were shooting at the practice goal which was towards us, the away fans. When they had nearly finished their shooting drill I turned to my mate and said how poor the accuracy of our shooting was, didn't bode well for the game. As it turned out we won 3-0 but my observation stands, shooting practice was abysmal and looks like it's costing us dearly in the last two games after that initial away win.
I trust Potter and his staff will try to rectify that issue quickly

My thoughts exactly. I fully expected Gross to bang one in and it ended up in row Z.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Cripes! Are we comparing Potter with Hyypia? Have I missed something?!

Too much hype after one good game v Watford where things went for us.

A different much tougher division and yes I can see us continuing to play attractively losing and having a place in the bottom three. I very much hope not. I am not seeing that we have the quality up front to take advantage of the pretty approach play. Now if we had Pukki of Norwich up front I would be much happier !!!! I read they got him on a free transfer.. wow.. good business there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cripes! Are we comparing Potter with Hyypia? Have I missed something?!

:lolol:

I was listening to 606 in the car home from the match yesterday, listening to various lumpy custards phoning in to call for Ole Gunnar Solskjær's sacking, etc. Not one of them had a Northern Accent.

How anyone can go from the 3-0 win at Watford to considering yesterday as good reason for paging Big Sam (I mean Allardyce, not Hyypia) is symptomatic of something or other, but I'm not sure what. The decline of western civilization, perhaps.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
:lolol:

I was listening to 606 in the car home from the match yesterday, listening to various lumpy custards phoning in to call for Ole Gunnar Solskjær's sacking, etc. Not one of them had a Northern Accent.

How anyone can go from the 3-0 win at Watford to considering yesterday as good reason for paging Big Sam (I mean Allardyce, not Hyypia) is symptomatic of something or other, but I'm not sure what. The decline of western civilization, perhaps.

NSC has some particularly special posters that make up about 80% of its content.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Yesterday and likewise v West Ham and Watford we were far the better team on the ball and the way we moved the ball was a joy to watch. We got our rewards v Watford and dropped 2 points v West Ham due to lack of composure in front of goal.
Yesterday the football was great. It red card was telling as we had no one to tuck away all the great build up play.
Really looking forward to Tuesday v Bristol and what Connolly can do if given a start.
From what I’ve seen of him play he is a pretty lethal finisher and it be interesting to see if he can step up a level.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can't remember the last time I went home having lost 2-0 thinking we played well.

certainly not last season, or the season before.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Can only hope that Andone stupid tackle leads to some PL minutes for Connolly and a goal or two - could be the long term GM successor we desperately need

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here