Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loco appearance today! Wtf!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Trossard and Maupay have both scored goals

Yep but should have scored more. Maupay has 2 excellent chances last week and really should have scored at least 1. It’s the same thing

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't forget about Ali J - not even making the squad. What a recruitment disaster those two have been. No wonder we struggled last season.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I thought Solly was our best player yesterday and has struck up a good partnership with Trossard so not sure why GP took Solly off for Loco.

Must admit I dont think Jurg will come good, seems very heavy and awkward on his feet, he may pop up with a goal but cant see us getting any consistent 8/10 performances from him.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I can forgive him for missing the chance at the end because that happens but he really was truly awful. At one point when he had just come on Maupay sprinted past him to close the defender down despite being about 20m behind him to begin with. Locadia was strolling around looking like he hasn't played up front before.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I thought Solly was our best player yesterday and has struck up a good partnership with Trossard so not sure why GP took Solly off for Loco.

Must admit I dont think Jurg will come good, seems very heavy and awkward on his feet, he may pop up with a goal but cant see us getting any consistent 8/10 performances from him.
March simply can’t deliver five Albion players queuing up in the box and for some reason he puts it behind everyone AGAIN. He shouldn’t have any involvement in set plays either as they are all SHITE.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
March simply can’t deliver five Albion players queuing up in the box and for some reason he puts it behind everyone AGAIN. He shouldn’t have any involvement in set plays as they are all SHITE.

Agree, he seems to have improved every other part of his game but his crossing and set play delivery is generally League 2

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agree, he seems to have improved every other part of his game but his crossing and set play delivery is generally League 2

Is it though? He had a good spell last year, I sometimes think it’s his decision making that is flawed.

I mean that incident yesterday, he was so far away from our players, had he anticipated Stephens or Propper on the edge of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it though? He had a good spell last year, I sometimes think it’s his decision making that is flawed.

I mean that incident yesterday, he was so far away from our players, had he anticipated Stephens or Propper on the edge of the box?

It’s definitely his decision making, it’s not good enough at this level

I am sure Potter will sort it, March is a quality player but still doesn’t have the confidence and belief he should have.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Like either of those two are going to do a Scholes and slam it top bins :facepalm:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I still wonder if it was a mistake letting Knockaert go. He did give us something different. What do we do if March or Trossard get injured? Ali J is not even close to making the team. I think Trossard's delivery was also poor yesterday. We had a lot of corners - with Burn, Dunk and Duffy up there we should be doing better.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yep but should have scored more. Maupay has 2 excellent chances last week and really should have scored at least 1. It’s the same thing

Is this Jurgen? Not many people are even mentioning the chance he missed, he was offside anyway. His actual performance was utterly shocking, surely even you can admit that? He looked slower than Murray and Gross, had a few horrendous touches and generally just way off the pace and standard required

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
He is NOT PL quality.

This.

He just looks lost every time he comes on now, like a little kid playing football with the bigger boys and not sure how involved to be..

I can only assume he's mustard in training, so the manager keeps giving him that one more chance. :shrug:

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yes I know. Propper’s finishing yesterday was pitiful.

Propper has no self belief when it comes to scoring. He had a great chance yesterday and it was as if he knew, and we all knew, what would happen. Way over the bar.

It’s weird as he has plenty going for him as a player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Propper has no self belief when it comes to scoring. He had a great chance yesterday and it was as if he knew, and we all knew, what would happen. Way over the bar.

Yes, anywhere else on the pitch he is exceptional

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
March simply can’t deliver five Albion players queuing up in the box and for some reason he puts it behind everyone AGAIN. He shouldn’t have any involvement in set plays either as they are all SHITE.

His link up play with Trossard is quality though, yes he can sometimes put in a bad ball BUT he is often our brightest player and imo people exaggerate his bad crossing. Im really looking forward to seeing him link up with Trossard again, it kind of reminds of Bruno and Knockaert's.

What I would say his is is heavily one footed, there were times yesterday where if he had a right foot there were some great opportunities for a key pass or cross but choose to waste the chance to stay on his left foot.

Burn put in another great game yesterday but Solly should have been MOTD imo and not subbed off for Locadia.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

It did seem like that, I would also say the same with March. Both playing well but look lost when it comes to shooting at goal.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Locadia is like a second hand car.
The more miles he's driven, the more he's showing his faults and losing in value.
Park him up or fix him up Graham.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

It's probably just confidence. One will go sailing in soon and he will be a different player.

Shots from outside the box are far less likely to score/ hit the target, but everyone talks about them as poor finishing and the like.
Personally I'm glad he's having a go.

He's a quality player and I'm sure he will bring a lot more goals now that he is pushing up the field a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here