Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Negative vibes today...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sadly I’m not sure it’s any more than just 21st century England, aggression, lack of manners, and a pathetic macho confrontational attitude from certain sections of the society we live in.

Sounds like a throughly unpleasant afternoon for you.

It's really not just England, same could be said of a certain section of society in most countries

I think TV companies are missing a trick. If they allowed Rangers and Celtic, Lazio and Roma, Barca and Real, Galatasaray and Başaksehir, Legia Warsaw and Lech Poznan or PSG and Marseille to just sell tickets anywhere, for any fans, they could also sell another whole set of PPV buys on top for anyone who enjoys MMA or Danny Dyer videos. [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] would buy a season ticket and I'd buy shares in Kleenex.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kids should be genned up by their parents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I couldn’t let this pass...what do you mean?

Are you suggesting that parents should tell their children that going to football will involve bellends picking fights in front of them and they should be “ prepared” ?

What ****ing century are you living In?

If that is not what you meant , I apologise, but please elucidate

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry I couldn’t let this pass...what do you mean?

Are you suggesting that parents should tell their children that going to football will involve bellends picking fights in front of them and they should be “ prepared” ?

What ****ing century are you living In?

If that is not what you meant , I apologise, but please elucidate

I'm suggesting that taking your kids to a football match and the ballet isn't quite the same thing. And, in fact, taking them to a Premier League match and a rugger match at Twickers also isn't the same thing.

I've seen middle class parents behave appallingly in theatres and rugger buggers get drunk and behave suggestively at rugby games. I've heard very adult chanting at cricket matches (Edgbaston in particular) Football is segregated for a reason.

I told my son when he could first understand that there would be a home end which was most of us, and an away end, which was "them", so he understood how the dynamics of a game worked. To not do so would be to neglect the "street wise" part of his education. If non-segregation becomes the norm then obviously he'll tell his kids something different. But, as per my previous posts, good luck with that on derby day.

Jan 30, 2008
I know this is a personal experience and I know that several posters have been chastised for moaning and doing nothing about it but I was gutted by how much negativity I experienced at and around the ground today.

Some was down to away fan nonsense but some was down to our own fans lack of resilience and perspective. Some, I’m sure, was just bad luck.

Firstly we had some away fans near us who had got into a home section. When Andone did what he did, they were full of expletive laden outrage, right in front of a young kid, who clearly looked distressed.

Several home fans had a word appropriately and they apologised profusely. Then when dunk (nearly) scored, 3 prats went straight at them and went well over the top, starting a fight right in front of the poor kid who looked like he never wanted to go to a footy match again. I get that the away fans had it coming but seriously, there was a child less than a foot away and he looked f****** terrified.

We alerted the stewards and the away fans were removed, but the way the group of home fans went for them was well over the top in an area full of kids.

After the match, walking back to the bridge car park, some geezer (home fan) pokes us (me and the wife) on the shoulder and starts giving us abuse for trying to calm the situation. One in particular started bleating that women are ruining the game, women refs are all wh****s etc. It was properly intimidating. Unfortunately we were passed the station and there were no stewards to alert at that point.

Then we get to the car park and after letting out a couple of cars in front of us, some bloke (again a home fan with a BHA number plate) lost the plot and started screaming at us in his Chelsea tractor. He nearly took the front bumper off our car and threatened to do all sorts of nasty things to us, just for letting others out first.

I’ve always been proud to support a team with a fan base that has a good sense of humour, perspective and resilience. At the withdean, there was always a great bunker mentality, but since the middle of last season I’ve experienced irrational, hostile behaviour on several occasions. I just don’t recognise this as a long term season ticket holding fan.

So where am I going with this....am I just another moaner.....

No, I hope not, we tried to take the aggro out of the situations we were faced with and I urge all other true Albion fans to do the same.

If you see this kind of nonsense going on, don’t turn a blind eye. Step in, report it, or if that’s not possible stand with those who are being threatened. It’s 2019 and we should be able to attend a sporting event involving a team we’ve supported all our life without this kind of bull**** going on.

I’m really enjoying the start to the season. It’s exciting. We’re going to win some, we are going to lose some, but why do we need to tolerate arse****s who can’t take the rough with the smooth.

Rant over.

'Footy " enough said
regards
DR

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sadly I’m not sure it’s any more than just 21st century England, aggression, lack of manners, and a pathetic macho confrontational attitude from certain sections of the society we live in.

Sounds like a throughly unpleasant afternoon for you.

Yes, this.

Rightly or wrongly, we need to get our heads round the fact away fans will be in the home sections, especially in the areas that go on sale to home fans guests.

If they behave themselves, why shouldn’t they watch the game?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think TV companies are missing a trick. If they allowed Rangers and Celtic, Lazio and Roma, Barca and Real, Galatasaray and Başaksehir, Legia Warsaw and Lech Poznan or PSG and Marseille to just sell tickets anywhere, for any fans, they could also sell another whole set of PPV buys on top for anyone who enjoys MMA or Danny Dyer videos. [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] would buy a season ticket and I'd buy shares in Kleenex.

Having been to a fair few games abroad in various different countries, the aggression etc shown by some individuals at the Amex is tame compared to a lot of places. Brazil was the worst - absolutely bonkers the aggression shown by fans at the game I went to!

Not excusing dickish behaviour though by any means!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I know this is a personal experience and I know that several posters have been chastised for moaning and doing nothing about it but I was gutted by how much negativity I experienced at and around the ground today.

Some was down to away fan nonsense but some was down to our own fans lack of resilience and perspective. Some, I’m sure, was just bad luck.

Firstly we had some away fans near us who had got into a home section. When Andone did what he did, they were full of expletive laden outrage, right in front of a young kid, who clearly looked distressed.

Several home fans had a word appropriately and they apologised profusely. Then when dunk (nearly) scored, 3 prats went straight at them and went well over the top, starting a fight right in front of the poor kid who looked like he never wanted to go to a footy match again. I get that the away fans had it coming but seriously, there was a child less than a foot away and he looked f****** terrified.

We alerted the stewards and the away fans were removed, but the way the group of home fans went for them was well over the top in an area full of kids.

After the match, walking back to the bridge car park, some geezer (home fan) pokes us (me and the wife) on the shoulder and starts giving us abuse for trying to calm the situation. One in particular started bleating that women are ruining the game, women refs are all wh****s etc. It was properly intimidating. Unfortunately we were passed the station and there were no stewards to alert at that point.

Then we get to the car park and after letting out a couple of cars in front of us, some bloke (again a home fan with a BHA number plate) lost the plot and started screaming at us in his Chelsea tractor. He nearly took the front bumper off our car and threatened to do all sorts of nasty things to us, just for letting others out first.

I’ve always been proud to support a team with a fan base that has a good sense of humour, perspective and resilience. At the withdean, there was always a great bunker mentality, but since the middle of last season I’ve experienced irrational, hostile behaviour on several occasions. I just don’t recognise this as a long term season ticket holding fan.

So where am I going with this....am I just another moaner.....

No, I hope not, we tried to take the aggro out of the situations we were faced with and I urge all other true Albion fans to do the same.

If you see this kind of nonsense going on, don’t turn a blind eye. Step in, report it, or if that’s not possible stand with those who are being threatened. It’s 2019 and we should be able to attend a sporting event involving a team we’ve supported all our life without this kind of bull**** going on.

I’m really enjoying the start to the season. It’s exciting. We’re going to win some, we are going to lose some, but why do we need to tolerate arse****s who can’t take the rough with the smooth.

Rant over.

There's a reason that type of car is called a ****mobile in the WS household and that's becuase they are generally driven by ****s.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's a reason that type of car is called a ****mobile in the WS household and that's becuase they are generally driven by ****s.

Yep, and used by their wives who have no idea of the width of the vehicle to park blocking the road picking up and dropping off their kids. Alternatively driving, without thought, towards oncoming traffic in congested streets when there isn’t the space for two cars to get past each other.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Does that really bother you?

These sort of things remind me of being at school when someone grasses up another student for stealing a pen. This tribalism crap definitely goes a bit too far in some peoples minds. It's a bloody game of football. Nothing more, nothing less. Whatever end you sit at, I just hope you enjoy the game.

I can certainly see your point ,but the fact fans are in the wrong end speaks volumes about them and the person selling them the tickets (if not from the club ticket office) ,I am not condoning violence as it should have no place in society but they must have realised the situation they could be in and that there are morons at every club who will take advantage of it.

The club /Police should come down on all these individuals .

The club should come down very hard on these individuals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can certainly see your point ,but the fact fans are in the wrong end speaks volumes about them and the person selling them the tickets (if not from the club ticket office) ,I am not condoning violence as it should have no place in society but they must have realised the situation they could be in and that there are morons at every club who will take advantage of it.

You’d think it would be a bigger deal to the club than flasks and bottle tops which are dealt with in such a draconic way.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Don’t agree - as soon as we hit the PL this was always going to happen.

People wanting to see Hazard, Kane etc.

If tickets are available in the lower east next to the away fans, and the fans in question behave what’s the problem? If they are unruly then of course take action, but IMO this shouldn’t be necessary.

Personally I think this should be designated neutral, similar to Fulham, but still managed by ourselves.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Don’t agree - as soon as we hit the PL this was always going to happen.

People wanting to see Hazard, Kane etc.

If tickets are available in the lower east next to the away fans, and the fans in question behave what’s the problem? If they are unruly then of course take action, but IMO this shouldn’t be necessary.

Personally I think this should be designated neutral, similar to Fulham, but still managed by ourselves.

Fulham don’t have a neutral end anymore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here