Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr Friend today ref

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It’s cliche to moan at the ref but I did think he was a inconsistent, pedantic and generally gave Saints the rub of the green. A few really soft decisions really irked me, Trossard’s “foul” at the start of the second half in particular. No arguments about the red card though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Spot on with the sending off, great advantage on their first goal.....

However, inconsistent throughout, pernickety in the extreme.

Awful as usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thought he was fine.

Always interesting how analysis only includes decisions against us.
You mean apart from where I said he was awful in every game he has reffed us and this was the first major one gone against us? Shocking penalty for us and missed Zaha red for starters last year.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I’ve no complaints about either VAR decision.

But separate to that, Friend always oozes arrogance, it’s his way or no way, not a shade of doubt, he won’t converse with players. Plus he fell hook, line and sinker for every faux Stains injury in the second half.

A ref who’s easy to detest.
Let's hope we don't have him against Burnley then, the kings of the faux foul!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Everything concerning penalties, red cards and mistaken identity is constantly under review. It wasn’t a penalty because it was not a clear and obvious penalty.

How do you know it was not an obvious penalty, if it was not reviewed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure he did much wrong tbh but I don’t like him as a ref. Always feel he’s reluctant to give us any 50/50s

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How do you know it was not an obvious penalty, if it was not reviewed

Apparently with the new rules it wasn’t a penalty. The fact that he all but caught the ball seems irrelevant :shrug:

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
The first time in a long time both the performance of the team and the ref has got the better of me.

Djenepo could’ve and maybe should’ve had an earlier yellow before he all but closed lined Montoya. Very inconsistent with the cards and honestly don’t understand the handball rules if you can stick your arms out in front of you to bring the ball down and not be a hand ball.

It doesn’t take away that we were awful today. Play nice football but seem like we’re scared to shoot, took us almost 70 before Propper had a go! Still optimistic nonetheless

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No decision he made today made any difference to the result.
Got a few niggly ones wrong maybe but come on you lot.....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He was the ref against Liverpool at home last year , he was crap then , nothing has changed

The thing that stuck in the mind from that game was him seemingly favouring Liverpool in 50/50 challenges and his constant chats with players over not much ...fussy and irritating nature for sure

P1010041.jpg

P1010045.jpg

Not much has changed

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here