Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Disappointing but

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Very disappointing result considering it was a game we were totally in control of until andones recklessness. Even with 10 I thought we were the better side. A few individual mistakes Duffy should’ve nailed whoever it was once he’s come so far out of position for the first goal. Still there’s plenty to be positive about and there seems a lot more to come. Stephens and propper totally running the game andone looked good until... the last hand side looks very strong indeed. Certainly there’s 3 worse sides than us and I’d be very surprised if we weren’t comfortable coming into the last few games. Plenty to build on plenty to like and a decent brand of football. Lost the battle today but by no means the war

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Certainly there’s 3 worse sides than us...

I'm really encouraged by what we've seen so far but I don't necessarily think there's three worse teams. It feels like there's a lot of teams playing enterprising stuff and the gap between the best of the rest isn't all that much any more.

Watford seem to be struggling. Newcastle too but where's the third? You could arguably pick any one of a dozen sides for that and we'd definitely be among them.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Honestly you can’t grumble with their effort (save for Andone and Locadia, seriously wtf) we had our hands tied and got played a bum deal. A humbling loss, but not one that we can say is hopeless.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
A good performance today. A man down on a hot day and you couldn't tell. Sad about the result of course but we are moving forward as a Premier League club. Proud of them all except Andone today. Locadia's chance was far from easy.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Alarm bells for me i'm afraid

2 homes against non top 6 side. 1 goal 3 conceded just 1 point. For me it's an early concern. Home record already minus 2 goals

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Stephens and Propper look so much better playing under GP, and I already thought they were both pretty decent.

We missed our opportunity this week after missing it last week. You don’t get unlucky two weeks in a row. Thank heavens for the bonus of Watford otherwise I don’t think we’d be so philosophical about today

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
We missed our opportunity this week after missing it last week. You don’t get unlucky two weeks in a row. Thank heavens for the bonus of Watford otherwise I don’t think we’d be so philosophical about today

We are three weeks into the new season with a totally different playing style!. There’s a lot to like from what’s been seen so far and plenty of improvement to come

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Alarm bells for me i'm afraid

2 homes against non top 6 side. 1 goal 3 conceded just 1 point. For me it's an early concern. Home record already minus 2 goals

This. Is disappointing to lose two nil at home to fellow relegation fodder.
I like the way we're playing and feel hard done by today, but come the end of the season games like this could be a massive three points dropped.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Today just proved what we already know. This team is a work in progress.

I'm worried how vulnerable we are when losing possession, but encouraged by how expansive our play is.

We cannot afford to lose at home to our direct competition though. Hopefully we will improve over the coming months.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personaly I thought we were dire. Carry on thinking different.

I concur and also seem to lack getting many players into the box even with 11 players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here