Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That should stop everyone getting carried away?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I pay my money to watch entertaining football.
Last season on the most part wasn't entertainment in anyway .
This season has been highly entertaining and if we go down playing this style of football then I for one will think it's money well spent for the season and I've seen some shit football in all my years following the Albion

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure why you have typed ‘we’ ..you gave up supporting Brighton ages ago

Regards
LR

But he now gets his kicks going non league and being the “firm” fashion police at the station before and after games. Takes all sorts

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
One point in the two home games very poor

Let’s hope we see some upturn after the first ten games of the season

So I was a Hughton IN sort of guy.

But I can’t deny that the football currently is easier on the eye and I’ve enjoyed the three games so far.

So far we are one point above last seasons CH team for the corresponding fixtures.
Yesterday, there was nativity about our structure after the sending off. We probably didn’t deserve to lose, but we did. Under CH we may have sat back and win a point. Or we may have lost 2-0z

Under CH we played dreadfully against Watford, Southampton and ok against West Ham. This year we have played well against all three. So there’s a big positive so far but only one point better.

How long will it take for all the Hughton haters, to become Potter haters?
We have some tough games coming up and will be in our true position by the end of October.
I desperately want it to be top half

Agree with this - although it’s natural to do a binary Hughton vs Potter thing, I don’t think this helps us understand our football at all.

Hughton would have loved a player like Trossard, instead he got stuck with some expensive but inferior versions.

Saturday showed Potter having to cope with some of the same issues that dragged Hughton down.

Bad individual errors, not just for the red card but also the defending for the goals. Composure in promising attacking positions, something that dogged Hughton in the last few games and was again not good enough on Saturday,

It’s not really about Hughton and Potter’s different styles but about fixing issues that are a huge challenge for them both

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But he now gets his kicks going non league and being the “firm” fashion police at the station before and after games. Takes all sorts

das eugh!.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Johny come lately, hipsters , two teamers were polluted with them but not the only team it's a shame really we used to have an honest support oh we I guess that's modern football for you target audience for maximum revenue Mr Barber??
Ps hope you enjoyed yourself :thumbsup:
Regards
DR

Thought I'd unblock you for a moment of comedy and you deliver.

As you have stopped going, you are a blood traitor and have no valid voice. End of.

That said, if you want to change things, get off your fat middle-aged arse and go to the games and mobilise.

No good sitting in the pub and tut tut tutting on matchday. That's for pensioners and widows.

Lead us into glory, punching all those newbies, women and craft beer drinkers in the face, or shut the **** up.

I challenge you.

keith-allen-yobbed.jpg

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Agree with this - although it’s natural to do a binary Hughton vs Potter thing, I don’t think this helps us understand our football at all.

Hughton would have loved a player like Trossard, instead he got stuck with some expensive but inferior versions.

Saturday showed Potter having to cope with some of the same issues that dragged Hughton down.

Bad individual errors, not just for the red card but also the defending for the goals. Composure in promising attacking positions, something that dogged Hughton in the last few games and was again not good enough on Saturday,

It’s not really about Hughton and Potter’s different styles but about fixing issues that are a huge challenge for them both

I'm with you here - i can admire things from CH approach to situations, but that doesn't mean I can't also admire or enjoy a different approach. I was genuinely worried that we may have got to the end of these 3 games with nothing to show as we tried to adapt to a new way of playing etc.. that we should have had more just leaves me positive that we can develop. I fear there may be some horrible defeats along the way, but I also expect some great results too.. The small margins as always make such a difference to the outcome, but can't deny the buzz around the place at the moment and that has to be a good thing..

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Did we have a decent shot on target today? Poor header wide by Montoya, propper’s chip to their keeper and Locadia’s miss at the end are all I can remember, yet their sub’s first contribution was a clinical finish. That’s the difference (and they had 11 men).

and a goal disallowed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So I was a Hughton IN sort of guy.

But I can’t deny that the football currently is easier on the eye and I’ve enjoyed the three games so far.

So far we are one point above last seasons CH team for the corresponding fixtures.
Yesterday, there was nativity about our structure after the sending off. We probably didn’t deserve to lose, but we did. Under CH we may have sat back and win a point. Or we may have lost 2-0z

Under CH we played dreadfully against Watford, Southampton and ok against West Ham. This year we have played well against all three. So there’s a big positive so far but only one point better.

How long will it take for all the Hughton haters, to become Potter haters?
We have some tough games coming up and will be in our true position by the end of October.
I desperately want it to be top half
I thought the three wise men at the back were pretty good, but the shepherds were pretty ramshackle in midfield ........

..... and as for the ox and the ass up front ..... just:facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We’re gonna win the Cup, we’re gonna win the Cup and now you’re gonna believe us, we’re gonna win the Cup :rave:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Bloody brilliant post...... exactly.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There’s been one constant over the last year. We’re crap at defending our right flank, this season alone leading to all 3 PL goals conceded and the loss of 5 points.

I’d love Potter to solve that conundrum. I hope he’s bothered. Sending a ball playing RWB upfield is all well and good, but shirley there’s a balance when it’s hurting us badly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There’s been one constant over the last year. We’re crap at defending our right flank, this season alone leading to all 3 PL goals conceded and the loss of 5 points.

I’d love Potter to solve that conundrum. I hope he’s bothered. Sending a ball playing RWB upfield is all well and good, but shirley there’s a balance when it’s hurting us badly.

Is that why BG is always asking 'can he play right back' when a singing is on the horizon? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here