Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That should stop everyone getting carried away?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Andone red card was absolutely correct he let his team mates down, Southampton were nothing special there first was after a Duffy sliced clearance and there second was after we took March off leaving us exposed at the back, Locardia did not impress while Burn, Trossard, Dunk and Propper did impress, VAR is fast becoming a game spoiler, not sure why we had linesmen as neither made any decisions they just followed Mr Friends decisions

We had chances at times we looked good and at times We looked like the team with the man advantage

It's only game three let's see where we are after ten far to soon to express opinions with any confidence

This will give others an opportunity on Tuesday to shine knowing at least one position is up for grabs

Last edited:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Same sentiments as everyone on here. I enjoyed watching the match today, and I think with 11 men it could have been different. More of this please, Mr Potter.

Well, nearly everyone, or any sensible person. Junior is, of course, just a naughty mischief maker. I remain delighted with the transformation in our team, and was immensely proud of their endeavour today.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hope we get relegated RIP real BHA just seen a soppy bunch getting off the train at Brighton station ,Glory hunters imho
Regards
DR

You must be one of those fans who comes home with your match analysis completely based on the performance of the away fans, the noise made by the home fans, the amount of people leaving before the final whistle, the Saints fans giving it large after their first goal, the lack of fight our fans showed at the train station and how the good old tough days are far gone from football.

What did you think of the fashion sense shown by some of our fans today? IMO I thought we showed more diversity than last week but we're still being far too cautious.

Jan 30, 2008
Weren’t most supporters of that ilk in the ‘good old days’, when a small minority liked (Top Boys) liked attacking innocent folk?

Johny come lately, hipsters , two teamers were polluted with them but not the only team it's a shame really we used to have an honest support oh we I guess that's modern football for you target audience for maximum revenue Mr Barber??
Ps hope you enjoyed yourself :thumbsup:
Regards
DR

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We do remind me a little bit of Fulham last season sadly. We pass it around nicely but we are just not clinical. Very early days but starting to get a bit more concerned now about quality of new players and potter getting out thought today. What also concerns me is that every time a team breaks us they look like scoring.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
If I’m honest, I’d rather go to the Amex and watch entertaining football and get relegated than watch the utter dross we endured during the 2nd of last season !
May not be a popular view point but ultimately we all go to football to be entertained, today although we lost I was still entertained.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
But zero points.

Of course, but there were positives as mentioned, I am genuinely hacked off with Andone because that game was there for the winning, we never gave up and with a touch of luck we could have got something out of the game. We will lose games, every team does but I think we will do well tho season even the ride will be bumpy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If I’m honest, I’d rather go to the Amex and watch entertaining football and get relegated than watch the utter dross we endured during the 2nd of last season !
May not be a popular view point but ultimately we all go to football to be entertained, today although we lost I was still entertained.

I’d take staying up over everything else. Luckily Potter can deliver that too.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

agreed.

excitement is far more important as a fan paying to be entertained than watching us cling on to the odd point here and there season after season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's easy to say that after 3 games. Entertaining football stops being entertaining when it fails to deliver the points required.

The worrying thing is that despite being the better team we have 0 points at home, and demonstrated our weaknesses to the rest of the division.

I'm hoping that Potter can develop the team beyond just being positive and attacking.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Potter should obviously stage a production of The King and I.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Potter should obviously stage a production of The Rocky Horror Show.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
That's generally how NSC works. When we win we're the best team in the world, pushing for Europe, ready to conquer the universe. When we lose all our players are shit and most should be "got rid". The forum lives and dies on kneejerk squabbles.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That's generally how NSC works. When we win we're the best team in the world, pushing for Europe, ready to conquer the universe. When we lose all our players are shit and most should be "got rid". The forum lives and dies on kneejerk squabbles.
No. The way it works is that the same posters troll in the same way every time. Despite me and others trying to point it out, people bite and the sad sacks get their rocks off. Rinse and repeat.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
With Houghton we would have shut up shop there and quite possibly come away with a point. Instead we've got NOTHING.

A bit like we did when Leicester got a red card around the half hour mark last season and we shut up shop despite being a man and a goal up and conspired to drop two points?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

This, agreed. Although I'm confident we'll stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here