Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to cash in on Andone and promote Connelly

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
He’s essentially cost us three points today.
You could tell saints would grind us down with a man advantage.
Ive no doubt would have taken them without the sending off.
They couldn’t live with us without that massive leg up.
This - it's annoying because it was a waste of what was a fairly good set up, playing at home against a team yet to win and probably not high on confidence but because the situation is not quite going his way he has to go over the top and mess that up for the team and all the fans as well as himself. Cost us three points, more than likely. hopefully whoever replaces him can hold the position down.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Fuc k off you prick !

Read my original post !

It’s about creating discussion and debate !!

Andone is a hot head, his place could easily be filled by a young hungry Connelly,
That was the point of my thread !!

I did read your original post. Apart from suggesting we sell a player for getting sent off (accidentally IMO), it also effectively says that Andone got a red card because Connelly is ready for the first team.

Sorry but I think you're an idiot.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Absolutely shocking....wasn't intentional but man he could have broken his leg.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Temper? Maybe, maybe not. Attitude, aggression, lack of control, hot-headedness - choose your own word. I don't agree it's time to get rid of now - but he can't be allowed to carry on being more of a liability than an asset indefinitely.

I would agree with aggression, maybe I would also use determination. You get great things from that, and occassionally you get this. I'm not saying it's fine, I'm saying a) it was a mistake and not intentional, and b) it's not a reason to "get rid" of one of our players.

I pretty much agree with your post. But it I don't think it's fair to argue that Andone decided to crunch his man in the legs because he was angry. That is way off IMO.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fuc k off you prick !

Read my original post !

It’s about creating discussion and debate !!

Andone is a hot head, his place could easily be filled by a young hungry Connelly,
That was the point of my thread !!

Well, if Potter wants to keep the same 18 in the match day squad for the next three matches, well, obviously he can't - but Andone's place in the 18 could well be given to Connolly. Bench though, I would imagine - if we are sticking to the same format, Maupay, Murray and Trossard in the front three to start with.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I did read your original post. Apart from suggesting we sell a player for getting sent off (accidentally IMO), it also effectively says that Andone got a red card because Connelly is ready for the first team.

Sorry but I think you're an idiot.

No that isn’t what I said !
I was alluding to the fact that Andone is a liability with his discipline and we have a lad in our youth ranks who I think has all the attributes Andone has but without the hot head !!

Andone is great but is a risk, Connelly is the same but without the risk of being sent off.

Andone let us down today, clearly cost us any points.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
How long does he dine out on thst goal?

He's rash and needs to use his head more. I doubt Potter will play him again until he's convinced he's got the message through

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How long does he dine out on thst goal?

He's rash and needs to use his head more. I doubt Potter will play him again until he's convinced he's got the message through

I'm not sure. That might have been the CH answer (and that's in no way a criticism of CH - it's a perfectly reasonable and justifiable course of action) but I'm kind of not so sure what Potter will do yet. He has a bit of a record of touching the untouchables.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
To be fair Connolly did score a beauty last night at Leicester. Can't be to far away from the squad. Hopefully he'll get a chance at Bristol on Tuesday. Definitely think he is a genuine player for our future unlike so many of the U23's who seem to disappear. Maybe not ready yet for the match day 18 but as said I would love to see him get a game at Bristol.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not sure. That might have been the CH answer (and that's in no way a criticism of CH - it's a perfectly reasonable and justifiable course of action) but I'm kind of not so sure what Potter will do yet. He has a bit of a record of touching the untouchables.

Lets hope so ... Hopefully his wake up call

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
My biggest complaint with Florin is how he shows far too much of the ball to the opposition when running at them. He invites the tackle but doesn't seem to have that ability to skip past defenders. I thought he was signed to be that fox in the box type centre forward but it doesn't look like that's his strength. Not sure what his best position is, but him playing wide(ish) doesn't seem to bring the best out in him

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just disappointing, awful challenge and absolutely no need at all, we'll see if Connolly can make a step up on Tuesday night although not a Premier league game it will be the perfect time to see if he can cut the mustard at a higher level than the U23s then if he does well then no reason why he can't force his way onto the bench for a Premier League game.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No that isn’t what I said !
I was alluding to the fact that Andone is a liability with his discipline and we have a lad in our youth ranks who I think has all the attributes Andone has but without the hot head !!

Andone is great but is a risk, Connelly is the same but without the risk of being sent off.

Andone let us down today, clearly cost us any points.

I don't think we have cause to say Connelly > Andone, sorry. Connelly has been great at U23 level, fair play to him. I recon he is ready to play as a first team pro, but I think it's wrong to say (and unfair on him to say) that he is ready for first team PL football. Tbh I'd be very impressed if he was able to hold down a first team spot in the Championship. Not saying he couldn't but that is definately my most optimisitc expectation for him at this stage of his development.

I'm not sure it's fair to say that Andone let us down. It was, in part, his determination that led to him getting sent off. I feel let down when a player lacks determination, not when they show it. His sending off obviously cost us today, but I can't say I feel let down. Infact up until he got sent off he showed what his determination brings. The problem was a lack of control and a bad decision in one moment (to try to win the ball in what ended up being a dangerous situation/way).

I also apologize for my first post on this thread too, I wasn't feeling particularly chirpy for obvious reasons. & I don't agree with the thread & it's title, I never like to see it suggested that we should get rid of any of our players (unless their effort or quality is seriously questionable, and certainly not in response to a particular moment in a match). But still I shouldn't react like that, so I apologize.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here