Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barber on extra seats

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
From today's programme. Not much new but in case you are interested. 20190824_135432-774x1032.jpgu

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
A row of seats hanging down from the roof of the West Stand. You all get lowered down at KO, and hoisted back up at Full Time.

Not for everyone, not for the height issue, more the fact they can’t leave on 80 minutes.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
New glass bottom stadium roof ???

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Lower the pitch and put a new tier under all four stands.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
There REALLY is no need for many more seats (a few more won't hurt) and I honestly doubt there ever will be. 30000 is more or less perfect for us. There are very very few games when someone who wants one can't get one at the moment. And I don't see that changing even if we become that top 10 team.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We didn't sell out either West ham or Southampton after such a great performance at Watford and a really good game against WHU. I know it is summer holidays so a lot of people not around but equally a lot of people with time to fill. Where were the prospective 5k who want season tickets?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There REALLY is no need for many more seats (a few more won't hurt) and I honestly doubt there ever will be. 30000 is more or less perfect for us. There are very very few games when someone who wants one can't get one at the moment. And I don't see that changing even if we become that top 10 team.

Have to disagree with you there.

There were was a ‘lost’ generation due to the war years; the millennials. You can see it when you look at the fans. With most U18 (generation Z) hopefully supporting Albion in Sussex now, I’d expect the waiting list to grow and grow. I think we could happily function with 32k - 34k in the not so far future.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, PB/TB are proposing additional seating, but obviously not huge numbers. They made that plain at the Fans Forum. The only proviso was, subject to BHCC permission.

Looking around the Amex yesterday, the only obvious places are to add at the ends of ESU. At the moment both are unaesthetic with platforms and concrete walled rooms. Then there’s that old chestnut of extending the NS backwards (offices making way).

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
As a non season ticket holder I’ve found it relatively easy to get tickets so it doesn’t seem like a priority. But a few seasons of potterball and consolidation and you’d think the demand would be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Well, PB/TB are proposing additional seating, but obviously not huge numbers. They made that plain at the Fans Forum. The only proviso was, subject to BHCC permission.

Looking around the Amex yesterday, the only obvious places are to add at the ends of ESU. At the moment both are unaesthetic with platforms and concrete walled rooms. Then there’s that old chestnut of extending the NS backwards (offices making way).

I cannot see the North stand being extended into the office space. It's much more likely to see the space used as a hospitality area or even some boxes due to the revenue that would bring in and the smaller amount of seats needed to be pitchside

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Likely to be last project Martin Perry does - get planning sorted this winter - then do works in summer next year - and any extra seats all finished when he retires next September

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Can’t help thinking about the Glazers at Man Utd.They couldn’t believe how big the season ticket list was.
They thought this was wasted so increased prices until the list disappeared. Be careful what you wish for!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I refuse to believe expanding the north stand isn't possible, it's the shittest bit and where our vocal support is supposed to come from, it's not a patch on the proper north stand.

Sits back with rose tinted shades back in safety case ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here