Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Backpack at Amex

The Optimist

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Am I ok to bring my backpack into the Amex? Has some overnight clothes in and a wash bag. Or is there storage?

I’ve brought a rucksack with laptop, notepads etc in before without any problems. They will want to have a look. Depends what’s in the wash bag. I guess razors, scissors etc wouldn’t be allowed.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Am I ok to bring my backpack into the Amex? Has some overnight clothes in and a wash bag. Or is there storage?

I think it will depend on the size, I always take a small daypack,(15-20ltr) and have no problems, they "search" it for bottle tops, flasks, weapons of mass destruction and the like. Not sure about a proper large rucksack though

The Optimist

Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
A5393ECA-6C18-48ED-ABD1-98176B00AE1C.png

Apparently large rucksacks are not allowed. Neither is deodorant.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've ridden before and taken my bag in with helmet, lights, waterproofs etc. 25litre pack and have been fine.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I took a small backpack to the Valencia game (its a low profile cycle one so not big) but they made me take out the deodorant. There was like a whole collection of contraband we could pick up on the way out. You should be fine as long as its not too big. Also there are a few places you can leave luggage in Brighton for £5 a day and you dont have to be lugging it around.

Also if you are staying at a B&B/Hotel you can leave it with them before you check in.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I went to the West Ham game last weekend, with a standard-sized Under Armour rucksack with a couple of books and laptop inside. Looking out from the slope above the memorial garden, at the masses of fans entering the stadium, I wasn't the only one taking a backpack with me. It was just a quick search and the steward in question may have even overlooked the bottle of water I accidentally purposefully forgot to remove from the inner compartment.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Pretty Plnk Fairy

Jan 30, 2008
The reason why im banned from the staydium is becoz I’m classified in two of the prohiberted types not allowed in the ground

Regards
DR

083EA5B8-56A0-4C41-BA47-EE70A7BCF074.jpeg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills