May 8, 2018
Didn’t see the other thread - delete or merge please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Juggler

Obviously left Brighton too soon, he'd have been a happy ex footballer had he stayed, in town, to the east, St James St circa 1990 would have been his manna!

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What's with him? He's a below average analyst, with a painfully bad sense of humour. Apparently he was a good defender, but I don't remember this, so i'm not a fan.

What is it with this guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s a Preston and Liverpool fan, but he still holds the arguable accolade of Brighton’s best ever player. Hopefully not for much longer :thumbsup:

Have to confess I don’t mind listening to him as a pundit or commentator.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He was a great player, the best accolade I could pay to Dunk is I genuinely believe he has the potential to be As good as Lawrenson.
He is completely irrelevant now though. Like ALL the pundits at the BBC he knows next to nothing about any team outside the top 10, add to that he clearly only watches the 5 minute highlights of such teams too.
I’m surprised his views bother so many though, just don’t read it.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
To be fair, most of the so called pundits just state the obvious and we are still one of the favourites for relegation with the bookies!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Read it yesterday

"Brighton are in for a tough season after winning 3 in 23 at the end of the last campaign. Manager Chris Hughton's defensive set up means limited attacking threat for the South Coast side and I expect it to be a tough afternoon for the seagulls. Prediction 0-1. Key Man Anthony Knockeart"

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really don’t understand the animosity towards Lawrenson on here. He is an ex-player who was our best ever, he left to play for the best team in Europe, at the time. He won multiple trophies there, and he supports Preston, because he’s a Preston lad.
He owes us nothing, certainly not , a fake’ Brighton till I die’ attitude towards the club. We were a steppingstone to much bigger things for him, and I imagine he’s grateful for that, but, I really can’t be as precious as some on here about his apparent ambivalence towards us.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I really don’t understand the animosity towards Lawrenson on here. He is an ex-player who was our best ever, he left to play for the best team in Europe, at the time. He won multiple trophies there, and he supports Preston, because he’s a Preston lad.
He owes us nothing, certainly not , a fake’ Brighton till I die’ attitude towards the club. We were a steppingstone to much bigger things for him, and I imagine he’s grateful for that, but, I really can’t be as precious as some on here about his apparent ambivalence towards us.

It’s quite simple really, he is a pundit. Referred to on the BBC as a “football expert”, and yet he seems to be completely ignorant of any club outside the top 6. It’s not just him to be fair, but he’s earning an extraordinary amount of money for very little work, the least we can ask of a pundit is to be slightly informed.

Judging from his comments on us he clearly hasn’t even watched our games this season.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Taking a hammering on social media from our more vocal twatterati. Obviously never saw him play & have never heard him talk about us, other than his predictions, which are an honest opinion. Some of the abuse is totally OTT, almost as if coming from the accounts of the new breed of concourse wankers that modern football produces.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Read it yesterday

"Brighton are in for a tough season after winning 3 in 23 at the end of the last campaign. Manager Chris Hughton's defensive set up means limited attacking threat for the South Coast side and I expect it to be a tough afternoon for the seagulls. Prediction 0-1. Key Man Anthony Knockeart"
Ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here