Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Using subtitles for Maupay

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Casually looking at the latest vids on the club website when I came across Maupay giving an interview in perfect English, only to find that the footage included subtitles. :shrug:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/my-albion-tv/videos/1320157/getting-to-know-neal-maupay/

If I were Maupay I would feel a little insulted and would also become a little self conscious on speaking a language that I thought I had mastered, only to find I needed subtitle assistance to be understood.

Why did the producer of the video decide to use subtitles when Maupay is very clear?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Subtitles for the deaf or hard of hearing. There's a loop system on the catering kiosks counters for the same reason.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I noticed and was pleased to see the subtitles on the big screens pre match last week. Unfortunately they didnt carry it on at half time so couldnt hear a word that was said by PB.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I noticed and was pleased to see the subtitles on the bog screens pre match last week.

There are TVs in the toilets now? Wow. Not made it to the Amex yet this season, but if there are TVs in the toilets it really is a stadium of the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There are TVs in the toilets now? Wow. Not made it to the Amex yet this season, but if there are TVs in the toilets it really is a stadium of the future.

So the teenagers can crack one out at half time?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Subtitles for the deaf or hard of hearing. There's a loop system on the catering kiosks counters for the same reason.

It’s quite common to use subtitles on videos now as a lot of people view them on social media without volume.

On Youtube it is optional. I expect to see subtitles in all club videos now though to be consistent and not because someone is foreign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here