Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Speeding Ticket

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You also need to tell your insurance company you've been caught.

They will increase your premium as well.

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
Just to update - 3 points and a £100 fine.

It was actually a duel carriageway in Wales leading onto the M4, I was away on business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be very happy with that if i was you. Pretty sure the whole thing has made you think twice about your speed as well.

For a few weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What makes you say that? I already said it was stupid of me and I accept blame, not sure what that comment is trying to acheive?

Because you've had the pooh scared out of you and then 'got away with it', when compared with what you were expecting.
So basically nothing has changed.

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
Because you've had the pooh scared out of you and then 'got away with it', when compared with what you were expecting.
So basically nothing has changed.

Actually with child number 2 enroute and various other factors £100 is a high percentage of our monthly income, that along with 2 weeks of worry about what to expect has quite dramatically changed my view on my driving and made me much more aware.

So basically a lot has changed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually with child number 2 enroute and various other factors £100 is a high percentage of our monthly income, that along with 2 weeks of worry about what to expect has quite dramatically changed my view on my driving and made me much more aware.

So basically a lot has changed.

Great to hear.

Good luck with number 2.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For a few weeks.

:shrug: unnecessary comment that, considering the guy took complete ownership of his mistake, and accepted his punishment on the chin, unlike the majority who just seem to blame the blame the 'ridiculous limits' or 'sneaky police'.

All he's done is got the limit wrong, and driven at what he thought was a reasonable speed - not like millions of others, willfully ignored a safe limit.

I have sympathy with his error, and can easily see how you could be caught out. It certainly isn't always clear on dual carriageways, which can be a limit anywhere between 40 and 70, on seemingly very similar roads. Personally I tend to leave my sat nav on all the time these days, just for the displayed speed limits. Even those are occasionally wrong though, so you do need to keep your eyes open.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:shrug: unnecessary comment that, considering the guy took complete ownership of his mistake, and accepted his punishment on the chin, unlike the majority who just seem to blame the blame the 'ridiculous limits' or 'sneaky police'.

All he's done is got the limit wrong, and driven at what he thought was a reasonable speed - not like millions of others, willfully ignored a safe limit.

I have sympathy with his error, and can easily see how you could be caught out. It certainly isn't always clear on dual carriageways, which can be a limit anywhere between 40 and 70, on seemingly very similar roads. Personally I tend to leave my sat nav on all the time these days, just for the displayed speed limits. Even those are occasionally wrong though, so you do need to keep your eyes open.

All true but if we learned by our mistakes, esp after a pecieved 'let off' they'd be no need for points 6, 9 and 12.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here