Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 23 - 25/8

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Surely that can't be Everton's first team. Absolute garbage. Massive shame to see a weak Villa side pick up points.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Massive shame to see a weak Villa side pick up points.

Nah. They, like Newcastle, Sheff Utd and Norwich need to pick up points through occasional wins to delay the panicky sacking of their managers that could bring about a bit of a boost and make staying up more hairy for other sides, possibly including us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My word that was a hard watch. Nothing to worry us from either team. As pointed out Gomes was absolutely shocking. Walcott couldn’t finish a Mars Bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Thought Villa looked OK....well organised, didn’t give Everton space. A few decent players (much as I can’t stand him, Grealish makes things happen) and Jota is a live wire. Don’t think they’ll be anywhere near the drop.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Thought Villa looked OK....well organised, didn’t give Everton space. A few decent players (much as I can’t stand him, Grealish makes things happen) and Jota is a live wire. Don’t think they’ll be anywhere near the drop.
Yes annoyingly they look solid and Ming's had a good game ....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nah. They, like Newcastle, Sheff Utd and Norwich need to pick up points through occasional wins to delay the panicky sacking of their managers that could bring about a bit of a boost and make staying up more hairy for other sides, possibly including us.

Sounds familiar, wasnt that us in season 2?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes annoyingly they look solid and Ming's had a good game ....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know it’s a cliche, but I’m just looking at Potter’s positive football on a match-by-match basis, yielding a load of wins. And not worrying about the others.

I don’t think there’ll be a repeat of 2017/18 where helpfully Stoke, WBA and Swansea were all awful, with a brief resurgence in 2018 that gave them a better final points total.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No it doesn't. But it would be good if we could be that awful and still in the top flight in 70 year's time (not that I'd be in a position to know anything about it!)

I have many Everton fans as friends. I am really not sure how 'good' it is. Unless one is ancient or remembers the Howard kendall days, they have been forever in their rival's shadow. I am pretty sure we've had a lot more interesting history than them and had way more fun on the way. I wouldn't swap, being mediocre year after year in the premier league isn't all that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"Have you been watching this Dad? Everton look even worse than Palace." From a 12 year old pundit.

I had, they were ****ing awful. How much spent on that team?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I have many Everton fans as friends. I am really not sure how 'good' it is. Unless one is ancient or remembers the Howard kendall days, they have been forever in their rival's shadow. I am pretty sure we've had a lot more interesting history than them and had way more fun on the way. I wouldn't swap, being mediocre year after year in the premier league isn't all that.
Especially when you spend £££££ to try to SMASH the top six. But are still shite.

It must be soul destroying.

I still get excited when I see the Albion badge on that Premier League wall thing they do on SSN.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"Have you been watching this Dad? Everton look even worse than Palace." From a 12 year old pundit.

I had, they were ****ing awful. How much spent on that team?

Using the widely reported basic transfer fees.

Pickford- £25 million

Coleman- 60k
Keane- £30 million
Mina- £30 million
Digne- £18 million

Schneiderlin- £24 million
Sigurdsson- £45 million
Gomes- £22 million

Richarlison- £50 million
Calvert-Lewin- £1.5 million
Bernard- Free

Iwobi- £35 million
Kean- £27.5 million

Also Delph (£8m), Bolasie (£25m), Tosun (£27m), Gbamin (£22.5m), Niasse (£13.5m), Mirallas (£6m).

I make that a first team squad worth roughly £400 million.

:eek:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Pickford- £25 million

Coleman- 60k
Keane- £30 million
Mina- £30 million
Digne- £18 million

Sigurdsson- £45 million
Gomes- £22 million

Richarlison- £50 million
Bernard- Free

Iwobi- £35 million
Kean- £27.5 million

Also Delph (£8m), Bolasie (£25m), Tosun (£27m), Gbamin (£22.5m), Niasse (£13.5m), Mirallas (£6m).

And the wages.....

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Pickford- £25 million

Coleman- 60k
Keane- £30 million
Mina- £30 million
Digne- £18 million

Sigurdsson- £45 million
Gomes- £22 million

Richarlison- £50 million
Bernard- Free

Iwobi- £35 million
Kean- £27.5 million

Cost £400m.
Worth £200m.

Both Goodison and Smellhurst are happy hunting grounds for clubs offloading unwanted players for extortionate sums.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if there's ever been a point in Jack Grealish's life when he hasn't had crap hair.

He’s had a few different hairstyles over the past few years, all awful.

Perhaps he has lost a number of bets?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yep. Absolutely nothing to get excited about since the FA Cup win in 95. Some Premier League armchair fans talk about clubs like ours being tinpot with no history, etc, but imo the worst clubs to support are those such as everton, who have bumbled along doing and winning absolutely nothing of note for donkeys years. Must be so boring. Can probably draw parallels with why the atmosphere at Goodison and from their fans both times at the Amex is up there with the worst I've witnessed in a long time despite the number of fans

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here