Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 23 - 25/8

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And as the bumping of that thread will tell you, Burnley 1-0 up at Wolves thanks to Ashley Barnes.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Totally agree. Defending was awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do wonder if they will, ironically, do an Arsenal and skimp on players after paying for a shiny new stadium. Lose a couple of stars and not spend big to replace them and I don't think the stadium will help them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lascelles diving in the penalty area. Blatant penalty not given to Spurs.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
VAR check on penalty claim, penalty not given, and I agree, though Alan Smith thinks it's a penalty. Newcastle defender throws himself to ground as Harry Kane is running in, looked to me like Kane showed no intention of playing the ball, trying instead to fall over the defender. Smith thinks the defender was throwing himself and trying to block Kane's run.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
VAR check on penalty claim, penalty not given, and I agree, though Alan Smith thinks it's a penalty. Newcastle defender throws himself to ground as Harry Kane is running in, looked to me like Kane showed no intention of playing the ball, trying instead to fall over the defender. Smith thinks the defender was throwing himself and trying to block Kane's run.

I'm not sure, shrewd as Kane is, he'd have known the defender was there until the defender took him out.

Penalty for me Clive.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
That's ludicrous - looked a penalty all day long.

Very similar to the one in the Man City game earlier. That was 10 times more nailed on than this one and this was a definite pen! In some ways I'm glad VAR aren't overturning these but no point in checking at all if they aren't going to give the 2 today.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Very similar to the one in the Man City game earlier. That was 10 times more nailed on than this one and this was a definite pen! In some ways I'm glad VAR aren't overturning these but no point in checking at all if they aren't going to give the 2 today.

There was one in the cricket as well.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Serious questions have to be answered.

Either they are protecting the top refs and don't want to show they're wrong or even worse there is cheating going on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure, shrewd as Kane is, he'd have known the defender was there until the defender took him out.

Penalty for me Clive.

The defender is by his side throughout the whole move, I can't see how he wouldn't know the defender was there falling over beside him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really pleased that wasn’t Albion having that penalty turned down. How was it not a pen?

On another note having seen pretty well all the teams in action I don’t see three teams that I can say are worse than us :shrug:

Long hard season coming up I fear but as long as we are decent to watch I can take a relegation battle, which I am convinced we will be in all season.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Terrible weekend for us with most of our fellow relegation fodder winning. Is going to be a long and interesting season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here