Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reply from the club - audio commentary - live stream??

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I recently sent an email asking for an update on the audio commentary as it was supposed to be announced after the West Ham game.

I got this reply a few hours later: (Well done club:))

Audio Commentary is available through the website now free of charge as we are still making some changes. There will then be a fee to pay as per last season – this will enable to you also watch a live stream of the game.

Is this for real?

I think it might mean a live stream of text commentary ( i.e. you don't need to refresh the page).
If so, then it's a little surprising in light of the club's detailed listing of global restrictions on its free pre-season streams following AZ Gull's complaint.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As a matter of legality, Saturday 3pm games can NOT be shown on TV. But does what will be a very old law also cover the internet?

I’m not sure it’s anything to do with law, it’s just agreement of the Football League and Premier League that live football will not be shown on British TV between 2:45 and 5:15 on a Saturday.

It’s why, on occasion, the first 15 minutes of El Clasico have not bee televised when it had a 5pm kick-off and why final rounds of Championship and PL fixtures aren’t on Saturday afternoons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Same. I don’t see the harm streaming does if the games not being shown in your country on sky/BT and you weren’t going to the game anyway. Where is the loss?

I think that it is because the EFL & Premier League think that you may go to watch a local game in Nth Wales but not if you can watch BHA away at Norwich or Sheff Utd whether you intend going or not. I dont agree with their thinking as I have given up going to away games so it makes no difference to me either way and watch all games on a stream from somewhere.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You won't be able to according to this, published yesterday.

If anybody could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

All the world's TV, films and sport are available to you via an Amazon Firestick, simple Youtube tutorials and knowing what are the best add-ons.

All the world's TV, films and sport are available to you via an Amazon Firestick, simple Youtube tutorials and knowing what are the best add-ons.

Do you have an Amazon Firestick?
No, but even if I did, I wouldn't be able to stick it in my phone (Android). This is important because its screen resolution is 1920 x 1080, much better than my monitor and laptop. I need that to be able to identify players, because the Sky commentary is just pathetic in this respect (and often it's actually inferior to foreign commentary).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here