Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are male marriage proposals sexist??

0 Not allowed!
    Seems to be causing a big stir on social media right now, particularly amongst millennials many of whom believe the concept of the male marriage proposal to a woman to be sexist and deeply insulting to women.

https://theweek.com/articles/442013/...riage-proposal
    Winner with a capital W
    1989 Rear of the Year (West Dorset Area, 1998 Runner Up Can't Cook/Won't Cook, 2013 NSC Rugby League Sweepstake Champion, 2014 NSC World Snooker Championship Runner-Up, 2017 Six Nations Prediction Winner, 2017 NSC Rugby League World Champion, 2017 Lyme Regis News Poster of the Year, 2019 NSC World Darts Sweepstake Champion

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Whether it was sexist or not was the least of my wife’s issues when I proposed.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

2 Not allowed!
      Utter tools then aren’t they? How about in a gay male marriage? Does that make them hypocrites?

Meghan De Maria, attention seeking ****.

Maybe if women stopped seeing the traditional wedding day as being all about them, and stopped seeing the groom and his party as being mere accessories to the main event, they might have an argument.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

4 Not allowed!
      What's wrong with being sexy?
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

2 Not allowed!
      Ha ha. Stopped reading at "causing a big stir on social media"!
      Nobody wins unless everybody wins.
      Mon nez est en SW6... Knocky's Nose's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I am outraged.

I assume that's why the article was written... to get the journalist up in the rankings and some kudos for causing a mild stir?

Next up, outrage as male holds door open for female. RAC lambasted for not sending a female employee to a female who has broken down at the roadside. Outrage as Bull denied the right to produce milk, even though it can't - but it should have the right to produce milk... A bit like Stan and his foetus in a box.

I'm beyond giving a shit now. I just laugh at stuff like this.
      Ce Qui Donne?

3 Not allowed!
      We agreed mutually.

And when I say that, I mean we actually had a huge argument after 8 hours in the car and I said "well we might as well get bloody married then".

Perfect.
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      What's wrong with being sexy?
      wouldn't it help?

seems a odd issue to make anything of, women are free to propose so onus is on them to make a change. expecting men to not propose... well, not really the intended consequence here. or we could dispense with the silly, expensive theatre marriage.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Knocky's Nose View Post
      I am outraged.

I assume that's why the article was written... to get the journalist up in the rankings and some kudos for causing a mild stir?

Next up, outrage as male holds door open for female. RAC lambasted for not sending a female employee to a female who has broken down at the roadside. Outrage as Bull denied the right to produce milk, even though it can't - but it should have the right to produce milk... A bit like Stan and his foetus in a box.

I'm beyond giving a shit now. I just laugh at stuff like this.
      A couple of months ago I was on a random date when I opened the door of a restaurant for her before we were led to a table.
      After the meal she reached across and held my hands, looked into my eyes and said “ Tonight has been lovely, but if you ever open a door for me again we’re finished”.
      As we left the restaurant, I quickly opened the door for her, as she stared at me in disbelief I said “ You don’t get to decide that!”.
      Ok, it was childish on my part but it gave me soooo much satisfaction ��
      Re-living the dream with BHA

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Southern Scouse View Post
      A couple of months ago I was on a random date when I opened the door of a restaurant for her before we were led to a table.
      After the meal she reached across and held my hands, looked into my eyes and said “ Tonight has been lovely, but if you ever open a door for me again we’re finished”.
      As we left the restaurant, I quickly opened the door for her, as she stared at me in disbelief I said “ You don’t get to decide that!”.
      Ok, it was childish on my part but it gave me soooo much satisfaction ��
      I don't get some people, if you and I, or any other bloke, were approaching a door I'd probably hold it open for you ..... not because your weak, I'm superior or inferior just because that's what my parents taught me.