Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion winger season-long loan to Eredivisie

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
DREYER MAKES DUTCH LOAN MOVE

Albion under-23 midfielder Anders Dreyer has joined SC Heereveen on a season-long loan deal.

The 21-year-old links up with the Dutch Eredivisie side for the remainder of the 2019/20 campaign, and is the Dane’s second loan move since arriving at the club, after a spell at St Mirren last season.

Under-23 coach Simon Rusk said, “This is an excellent opportunity for Anders to continue his development, in what is a very competitive level over in the Netherlands.

“He will have learned plenty from his time at St Mirren, and this move allows him to gain more experience of playing regular senior football.

“We will keep a very close eye on his progress, and wish him all the very best for the season ahead.”

Dreyer joined Albion from Esbjerg in August 2018, and scored 4 goals in 14 appearances for the under-23s in 2018/19.

The Denmark under-21 international moved to St Mirren on loan in January, and scored once in eight appearances for the Scottish Premier League club.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Anyone know what the St Mirren fans thought of him in his short spell there last season?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Any particular reason why? Not one that stands out for me, from the small amount I have seen of him.

Same. Interesting to see how he does but I don’t think he’ll progress enough. Will be a decent player though- shows how much we’ve progressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
We KNOW he has ability:
https://twitter.com/goal/status/1082945470425645056?s=19

It's about finding those levels (or at least good performances) week in week out. As much as the Eredivisie has become a bit of a running joke amongst Albion fans (largely due to a certain Iranian signing from there that shall remain nameless), at the end of the the day it has a good reputation for developing young players. Playing in the top flight against top teams like Ajax could work really well for him.

Or, if the club feel he is an Eredivisie standard player only then the very least this will do is put him in the shop window for us to turn a handsome profit on

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
My gut feeling (based on very little, tbh) is that he'll be a seller, not a keeper -- too many ahead of him in the queue for the 1st. team I feel.

Unfortunately 99% of the U23'S are sellers not keepers. Seems a complete waste of time and effort to me. Hope I am wrong.

SAC

May 21, 2014
When does the maximum number of players out on loan rule come in?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Good to see that Bozza is following the club's policy on news only being headlined with ambiguous subjects :thumbsup:

Best of luck to Dreyer. He might not be a keeper but part of the business is producing talent and attracting new inductees. It'll be a great day to see the academy turn into something really special.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unfortunately 99% of the U23'S are sellers not keepers. Seems a complete waste of time and effort to me. Hope I am wrong.

I think you are. Some are starting to look like serious contenders now. It's not impossible we could have one, or even two, CBs on loan at clubs in the PL next season.

I's agree about a majority - not 99% though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here