Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford to season ticket holders: Tell us if you're not turning up - or face a ban

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nothing to do with being fans or customers just being treated like adults. If I have the foresight to know I will miss a game I will put my ticket on the exchange if however something comes up unplanned then the last thing on my mind will be contacting the club to faff about with a ticket I have already paid for in case they decide I am not loyal enough.

Football clubs need to get out of their own arses the vast majority of fans attend as many games as they can and some they don’t for a myriad of reasons many of which make notifying the club a pretty low priority.

We have 19 games, how many times can something that unplanned come up where you don't have time to put a ticket on the exchange or pass it on to someone in the family? I think twice is a reasonable number for that happening, with listing your tickets pretty simple these days, like you've said you do, what's the issue for ensuring every fan that wants a ticket has the potential to get one?

Like I said, at Watford, there will be many supporters not able to get a ticket for a game, they switch on MOTD and a load of empty seats. I think clubs genuinely do this for the fans, I honestly don't have an issue with it. I'd rather the seats had bums on them.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It's in the T&C

3.7 The Club reserves the right to cancel season ticket holders, in the event the season ticket is used for less than 25% of the home league matches, this will be assessed after ten home league matches have been played.
Only a problem if you go to fewer than 1 in 4 matches? That's far more lenient than I would expect.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have 19 games, how many times can something that unplanned come up where you don't have time to put a ticket on the exchange or pass it on to someone in the family? I think twice is a reasonable number for that happening, with listing your tickets pretty simple these days, like you've said you do, what's the issue for ensuring every fan that wants a ticket has the potential to get one?

Like I said, at Watford, there will be many supporters not able to get a ticket for a game, they switch on MOTD and a load of empty seats. I think clubs genuinely do this for the fans, I honestly don't have an issue with it. I'd rather the seats had bums on them.

By your reckoning I would have lost my season ticket by now. For a good many years I barely missed a game yet once I had children everything changed some games my wife would wake up unwell and I would have to look after the family, occasionally it was myself and work has pulled last minute demands from time to time. I think I had 3 missed games all at no notice last season. This season I already I missed Saturdays game as my pet had an emergency operation so I am already one down this season which was not planned. In none of these circumstances has the thought ‘oh I must drop everything and get on the exchange’ crossed my mind and not everyone knows someone who will take the ticket last minute (all my lot already have ST)

If the club came along and ever started telling me that now I am at risk of losing my ticket I would tear it up there and then and they would lose a long standing fan. Like I say life gets in the way of football sometimes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here