Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must admit, when the Albion launched the current ST exchange, I was slightly surprised that there was nothing about a limit as to how many times a ST holder could use it, and I did wonder if the club would do anything about someone who, say, only used their seat for the "glamour" games and otherwise put it into the exchange and/or didn't turn up.
    I can't remember where I saw it (possibly a post on Nsc) that the club would question it, if a sth missed more than 4 games. I missed 4 games last season due to ill health.
    I did put my ticket on the ticket exchange when it was running, but Boxing Day, for example, it didn't sell out, so therefore I couldn't list it.

Surely this disadvantages the elderly, those who have health problems, or those who travel/ work away/or shift workers?
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      I was thinking the same as I posted it.....................I guess Mr Barber is happy with the exchange option as he's getting full value for a seat normally occupied at a ST discounted rate
      But often seats put into the exchange do not sell. The sell side of the exchange may not even become active. It might not happen for tomorrow's game.

Last week, for example, over 800 seats became available around 9pm on Friday evening when the sell side of the exchange was made active. I didn't look close to kick-off, but I'm guessing a fair proportion of those didn't sell. Were those tickets "used" given the ST holders tried to do the right thing?

0 Not allowed!
      The Watford fans' discussion on this is interesting, with a fair few thinking it's a good initiative - http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threa...it-full.56105/

0 Not allowed!
      But often seats put into the exchange do not sell. The sell side of the exchange may not even become active. It might not happen for tomorrow's game.

Last week, for example, over 800 seats became available around 9pm on Friday evening when the sell side of the exchange was made active.

I didn't look close to kick-off, but I'm guessing a fair proportion of those didn't sell. Were those tickets "used" given the ST holders tried to do the right thing?
      Yep exactly.....so did the exchange open too late (there were only mostly single seats available for a couple of days beforehand, when the exchange kicks in there are a lot more pairs/groups available)? Is the intention to sell it on the exchange when you can't go deemed good enough commitment to be allowed to keep your ST ?
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      It's in the T&C

3.7 The Club reserves the right to cancel season ticket holders, in the event the season ticket is used for less than 25% of the home league matches, this will be assessed after ten home league matches have been played.
      Turning up for just the 'Big Six' matches still weighs in at over 30%. The Clever Trevers will be aware of that stat. Easiest thing in the world to run an algorithm that shows percentage attendance for each seat, leaving out The Big Six games.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Mon nez est en SW6... Knocky's Nose's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Our posts crossed.

I wonder how putting a ticket into the exchange is seen. Is that "using" the ticket?
      It's seen as a profit making exercise for the club who make a percentage on the ticket when it resells. On that basis, if it's generating extra revenue I doubt they'll care too much?
      Ce Qui Donne?

10 Not allowed!
      The Watford fans' discussion on this is interesting, with a fair few thinking it's a good initiative - http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threa...it-full.56105/
      "It’s ok for the players to not turn up to 5 or 6 home games most seasons though"
      I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.

0 Not allowed!
      Our posts crossed.

I wonder how putting a ticket into the exchange is seen. Is that "using" the ticket?
      No it isn't. The club left a message on my answerphone, March-time I think, asking why I hadn't used my ticket as much as previously (fairly obvious really). I did call them straight back on the number provided to discuss but of course there was a massive queue so never got through to them.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

2 Not allowed!
      These things are not always a negative. Some dialogue with the club around season ticket holders, going off to UNI, might be helpful. Season Ticket prices for small children are not that expensive that a school night football ban will break the bank.

We all know that there are people who share a season ticket. It allows them to sit with mates, pick and choose games and not pay the cost of single tickets. My eldest gave up his season ticket to go to Uni, rapidly realised what he was missing and went back on the waiting list. This season he has been fortunate enough to get his old seat back. Son number 2 has kept his season ticket, which is currently underutilised as he is working Saturdays, before going off to Uni. The hassle of surrendering it and re-applying, versus the risk he may decide to start a career the other side of the world. All of that is my problem, but you can't simply pass on an Under 21 ticket anyway. Technically this is far worse than being caught using someone else's season ticket, as you are also defrauding the club and of course the barrier will beep to denote a concession ticket. The right and proper thing to do, (max 6 times a season), is to go into the club shop (there is no other option) and pay for a ticket upgrade. This is not cheap and is major hassle.
      "And the beep says goal!" - Jonathan Pearce MotD 05/05/18

2 Not allowed!
      Because Watford put/add this into the T&Cs does NOT mean it is legally enforceable. No doubt plenty of people will fall for it, but a contract between two parties, one of which is Joe Public, has to be seen as ‘reasonable’ by a court of law. Yes you would need the balls to go to court, but having paid for something it is entirely your choice if you use it or not.

PS Paul Barber will be rubbing his hands in glee at the thought of this.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals