Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex parking risking lives

abc

Jan 6, 2007
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17856109.football-fans-told-stop-risking-lives-save-time-parking/

Fair play to the Police and new contenders for this year's Darwin awards!

However, the chaos that often ensues getting out of the car parks and on to the A27 could be/should be much better managed. The stewards present are simply not trained for the job and are helpless to manage the (disappointingly large number of) selfish and abusive idiots in their cars. The complete lack of control at the Falmer/A27 junctions and roundabouts, combined with the number of pedestrians and more idiots blocking the road waiting to pick someone up, not only slows traffic flow and thus further exacerbates the problem, but also is a fatality waiting to happen.

Perhaps both the Club and the Police could look at this further and take some control?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17856109.football-fans-told-stop-risking-lives-save-time-parking/

Fair play to the Police and new contenders for this year's Darwin awards!

However, the chaos that often ensues getting out of the car parks and on to the A27 could be/should be much better managed. The stewards present are simply not trained for the job and are helpless to manage the (disappointingly large number of) selfish and abusive idiots in their cars. The complete lack of control at the Falmer/A27 junctions and roundabouts, combined with the number of pedestrians and more idiots blocking the road waiting to pick someone up, not only slows traffic flow and thus further exacerbates the problem, but also is a fatality waiting to happen.

Perhaps both the Club and the Police could look at this further and take some control?

Police don't need to take control, they need to take action against anyone stopping where they shouldn't. A few fines and bans and the message will get through.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Dangerous and selfish drivers/passengers.

There are SO many things the club could do with regards to match day transport / traffic, but unfortunately as those that have the power to make such changes arrive by car before there is any traffic, and leave two hours+ after the match has finished they have zero experience of how any the transport works.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't happen on a bicycle.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dangerous and selfish drivers/passengers.

There are SO many things the club could do with regards to match day transport / traffic, but unfortunately as those that have the power to make such changes arrive by car before there is any traffic, and leave two hours+ after the match has finished they have zero experience of how any the transport works.

and it's only a few hours a year and football fans who are impacted, so they are never going to put in new lights/lanes/signals/signage etc...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Last year, I was leaving the uni car park at the East and on the way to the a27 slip road. It was twilight/dark, I can't quite remember, but as I travelled at a reasonable speed in my lane towards the mini roundabout, the traffic was queued to turn right to Brighton and up the hill towards the club, whilst the lane I wanted was clear. I almost hit a father and 3 little children dodging the cars, there was no way to see them but I got a torrent of abuse from the dad although he was clearly in the wrong. They must have been going to the slip road where other idiots always cause problems each match.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Watching from the bus I think the OB stopped drop offs in the bus stop lay by forcing the wankers to stop on the road.

Yea they cracked down on it last season because it was getting stupidly dangerous and they were getting in the way of the buses which had a shortened lane to pull into.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Bring back Brighton trams from the University to the seafront left and right to the marina and Portslade with a link up to the station then no coaches or cars into Brighton on match days park them at the marina or Shoreham harbour then tram everyone to and from the game, I was in Munich for a game a couple of years back fantastic system from the centre to the ground and last week in Edinburgh what a fantastic Tram system from the airport right into the heart of the city

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Monorail

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here