[Albion] Garbled dress code "clarification"

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Smart trainers in lounge OK.

Trainers not permitted in dining areas.

Polo shirt or collared shirt essential.

Polo neck never OK, regardless of being in the 1901 or not.

Perfectly clear, anyone that has been before should know the score by now.

If it’s unacceptable for grown ups to wear replica footie shirts then who would wear trainers unless they’re exercising? :shrug:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The bit I didn't quite follow is 'smart business attire' = 'smart jeans'. When did this happen. Surely, event good jeans are 'smart casual'. Mind you, I have just googled 'smart business attire', and one answer was:

Smart casual business attire, just a step down from traditional, formal attire, consists of: Men: sports jacket with a tie, dress pants, button-down or traditional business shirt or nice turtleneck, dress shoes, and attractive accessories as described in traditional business attire.!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The bit I didn't quite follow is 'smart business attire' = 'smart jeans'. When did this happen. Surely, event good jeans are 'smart casual'. Mind you, I have just googled 'smart business attire', and one answer was:

Smart casual business attire, just a step down from traditional, formal attire, consists of: Men: sports jacket with a tie, dress pants, button-down or traditional business shirt or nice turtleneck, dress shoes, and attractive accessories as described in traditional business attire.!

This is my thought, smart business should never include jeans regardless of how expensive they are.

I would also check to ensure that socks are being worn, and that anyone without a tie correctly tightened against the top shirt button (which must be fastened) should be banned for two matches and anyone who turns up without a tie is banned for the season

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This is my thought, smart business should never include jeans regardless of how expensive they are.

I would also check to ensure that socks are being worn, and that anyone without a tie correctly tightened against the top shirt button (which must be fastened) should be banned for two matches and anyone who turns up without a tie is banned for the season

:lolol: nah bollox .....execute them in the centre circle at half time ....tsk :rolleyes:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
What, exactly, are “smart trainers” anyway?

E894DE40-3F42-4711-895B-198FA3017AA3.jpeg

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

As it’s football you can mix it up and go ‘sports casual’

a0275cb0ba01f55452c604d14e97e91d.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As long as no one takes the piss. When I last wore my fedora in 1901 some joker asked me if it was a Quentin Crisp fancy dress theme. Rolls eyes.
:clap:

There's nothing in that sentence that isn't bloody funny.

Chapeau.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been lucky enough to grace the lush carpets of the 1901 club on a few occasions. Most people dress like ****ing peasants. Peasants with more money than me, and no taste or class. It's the scourge of modern society and One can only blame their parents I suppose, or their education.

Polo shirts are for playing polo, or possibly tennis
Polo necks are for skiing and delivering chocolates, illegally if what I've seen on TV is true.
Turtle necks are half arsed either way, but vaguely practical in colder weather, but if you're wearing an open necked shirt and feel the chill, a cravat is a good 'filler'

Shoes are shoes . . . Trainers are trainers. The only thing that's anywhere near middle ground is a good desert or chukka boot. Even a cheap desert boot is preferable to a trainer. The irony of 'trainers' being most people who wear them couldn't move fast enough to avoid being snogged by Jabba the hut.

The 1901 club have no idea about style, it's a business club. Good luck to it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
People with lots of money wear what the hell they like. It’s the small fry wealth that this is aimed at .its a bloody football ground. Why do they have this draconian nonsense. For who’s benefit is it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I still don’t get the point of the 1901 dress code. I don’t think I’m alone in thinking it’s a load of old tosh.

They relaxed it to allow smart trainers a few seasons ago as in Barbers words it was becoming hard to define the difference between shoes and trainers. This latest communication suggests they have forgotten that again?

90% of 1901 members are fans who have been going for decades and I don’t believe hardly anyone gives two shites about the dress code. So who is this for? They should designate one lounge for this super posh type of hospitality and let the rest just enjoy themselves. I don’t bother with the lounges, barely have since they nipped the free tea/coffee in the bud. I only went for 1901 for my elderly dad, the parking that came with it and the great view. I’m still happy paying for what I view as a premium season ticket for that view but I really can’t be arsed with all this nonsense. I’ll be considering moving at the end of the next five year stint if this continues.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Jesus wept. Imagine having that much of a dress code to watching a sodding FOOTBALL MATCH

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I am really unclear on this.

Are onesies allowed or not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here