Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Someone please explain

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I suggest the only person who could satisfactorily explain that is Mark Lawrenson.

I just hop he's not right...... but it's perfectly possible.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably because they gave his beloved Liverpool a game and were a little unlucky last time out. So they must be better than us. He also thinks the Saints manager is great.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He rarely gets many 'predictions' correct and doesn't really write anything insightful. It made me laugh that two weeks on the trot for Bournemouth he put, and I am paraphrasing, "if Bournemouth play badly in defence then they're in trouble" - no shit Sherlock !!!!! I could type that and I'm not a so called 'predictions expert'. How he has the cheek to claim a salary for writing that crap is beyond me. Great player, awful awful pundit.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
He rarely gets many 'predictions' correct and doesn't really write anything insightful. It made me laugh that two weeks on the trot for Bournemouth he put, and I am paraphrasing, "if Bournemouth play badly in defence then they're in trouble" - no shit Sherlock !!!!! I could type that and I'm not a so called 'predictions expert'. How he has the cheek to claim a salary for writing that crap is beyond me. Great player, awful awful pundit.

He was my favourite player when he was here, but I just think he is a pri*k now

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
These buffoons sit in their ivory towers. Lawro prob doesn’t even do these, or maybe predicts and some **** has to come up with a reason for them, don’t think Liverpool will ever lose now on his predictions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
On Lawro’s defence he did say “Roy Hodgson's team are in danger of becoming known as 'Crystal Palace nil'. ”

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I suggest the only person who could satisfactorily explain that is Mark Lawrenson.

I just hop he's not right...... but it's perfectly possible.

Anything is possible. I could possibly win the Euro millions tonight but it's not very likely.

However it's not probable that they win based on our last 2 performances and it's not probable that I will win the lottery as I don't buy a ticket.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Who cares what Lawro thinks?

Lots of my mates have tipped us to be relegated. I don't agree with them but I'm not bothered what they think. Don't worry - enjoy proving the pundits wrong!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Who cares what Lawro thinks?

Lots of my mates have tipped us to be relegated. I don't agree with them but I'm not bothered what they think. Don't worry - enjoy proving the pundits wrong!

Lawro, like most pundits and fans, has no idea what he's talking about. If anyone could successfully pick the right results each week, let alone the scores, they'd be banned from bookies up and down the country.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Because it's the typical "I played professionally, i know what i'm talking about mentality" that pundits seem to have.

He gets so many wrong because he clearly has a bias against us and will keep predicting these results until he gets one right so he can turn around and say "told you so".

Statistics probably suggest we are due a defeat

But as per xG; we're under-performing in that indicator. Apologies for the source https://talksport.com/football/5898...-league-table-after-two-games-expected-goals/

Last edited:

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Fortunately, stats don't work like that. If you toss a coin twenty times and all of them are "heads", you are just as likely to have a "head" on the 21st toss as you are a "tail".

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We are Mark Lawrenson's embarrassing affair, he rarely mentions being here, he deflects talking about playing for us in favour of Preston and Liverpool, they guy's a knob, simple as!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
We are Mark Lawrenson's embarrassing affair, he rarely mentions being here, he deflects talking about playing for us in favour of Preston and Liverpool, they guy's a knob, simple as!

Odd ****er. Whenever he talks about us (rarely) he has an expression on his face like he's stepped in a pile of dogshite with his Sunday best loafers on. Whatever the problem is, he just can't let it go. Droning twonk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here