Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Favourite top 3 UK breweries ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As a precursor to tomorrow nights big Fridat Night thread I was curious tonight as to our members top brewerys

I’m going charging in with Thornbridge, Tiny Rebel ( on the Tropicana tonight ) and Magic Rock.... Brewdog in close attendance

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
As a precursor to tomorrow nights big Fridat Night thread I was curious tonight as to our members top brewerys

I’m going charging in with Thornbridge, Tiny Rebel ( on the Tropicana tonight ) and Magic Rock.... Brewdog in close attendance

Great question, and I really like Thornbridge and Magic Rock too, might have to consider this for a while before a definitive answer

Mr Bronson

Feb 24, 2009
A bit like choosing your favourite child (which I can) but here goes - Burning Sky, Wiper and True, Kernel.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Great question, and I really like Thornbridge and Magic Rock too, might have to consider this for a while before a definitive answer

You’ll probably do the old, ‘Of course how can I forget them ‘ line.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Since the loss of several breweries to Chinese and Japanese owners Dark Star, Fullers, Green King, HSB, London Pride to name just a few are no longer British owned, so my favourite local breweries that are still indipendat are Gun, Arundel, Burning Sky,

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Fullers (London Porter, ESB)
Harvey's (Best, Old, Lewes Brown Ale)
Sam Smiths (Nut Brown Ale, Oatmeal Stout)

Of the newer ones I do like Siren, Broken Dream is lovely stuff.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Shit what about Oakham ? I knew this would happen...... yes and Siren and Beavertown..

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Long Man, Dark Star and 360 degrees are the standouts for me. Now that Dark Star has been acquired by Fullers (who have also been acquired) I suspect their beer will go downhill but remain hopeful

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Going commercial, in no particular order:-

Timothy Taylor
Hopback
Palmers.

Come to think of it, in that order.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit of an old traditionalist there Stat.

Yeah I'm far to old for beard clipping infused with lavendar and brillo pads left to ferment in Mrs Squirties bath.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bedlam
Dark Star
Long Man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here