Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Favourite top 3 UK breweries ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Harvey's
Dark Star
Long man
With Gun and 360 close

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Dark Star, Harvey's, Twickenham. Hopback on the bench

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ooh what about Salopian ?

Can recommend Salopian due to spending a few family holidays with Mrs V's Ma in Ellesmere..... however, being asked to select my three favourite breweries is a bit odd, I feel the same unease when I first saw that awful Werther's advert … " I always remember the first time I visited my favourite Caramel Shop.., "

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can recommend Salopian due to spending a few family holidays with Mrs V's Ma in Ellesmere..... however, being asked to select my three favourite breweries is a bit odd, I feel the same unease when I first saw that awful Werther's advert … " I always remember the first time I visited my favourite Caramel Shop.., "

It’s like top albums Veg. It changes and there is no definitive answer. It’s just a bit of fun.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Whichever is the most local brewery to the pub I'm in. And if that is the pub itself (or a shed out the back) - even more so.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
ok, not definitive but, Dark Star, Adnams, and Kasteel. Tiny Rebel 1st sub.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
ok, not definitive but, Dark Star, Adnams, and Kasteel. Tiny Rebel 1st sub.

Kasteel UK ?

You must be on the Kasteel tonight.

This is going to be a proper survey soon.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bradfield Brewery, by a MILE.

Farmer's Blonde is the greatest beer of all time, plus their others (Farmer's Brown, Sixer, Farmer's Blue etc).

After that.... probably Abbeydale brewery because they make Moonshine which is a SUPERB pint. Their Heathen is also decent.

Loads of small breweries up here who make great beer but those will always be my go to ones.

Cos I don't get down South much, I'd put Harvey's third as I love it.

Thorncliffe do some really nice beers but my favourite is Jaipur and it's too dangerous. And I'll always drink it if I see it, unless there's a pint of Thatcher's on offer. In fact I'll often pick that anyway.

So I should probably put Thatcher's at 3. But we're not talking cider.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Kasteel UK ?

You must be on the Kasteel tonight.

This is going to be a proper survey soon.

Nope, have some Donker's, Cuvee du Chateau and some Rouge's in stock but am just chugging a Tongerlo Prior Tripel 9

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bradfield Brewery, by a MILE.

Farmer's Blonde is the greatest beer of all time, plus their others (Farmer's Brown, Sixer, Farmer's Blue etc).

After that.... probably Abbeydale brewery because they make Moonshine which is a SUPERB pint. Their Heathen is also decent.

Loads of small breweries up here who make great beer but those will always be my go to ones.

Cos I don't get down South much, I'd put Harvey's third as I love it.

Thorncliffe do some really nice beers but my favourite is Jaipur and it's too dangerous. And I'll always drink it if I see it, unless there's a pint of Thatcher's on offer. In fact I'll often pick that anyway.

So I should probably put Thatcher's at 3. But we're not talking cider.

If they brew then they are in.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nope, have some Donker's, Cuvee du Chateau and some Rouge's in stock but am just chugging a Tongerlo Prior Tripel 9

I do think the Kasteel Rouge is Cherry cola for grown ups. Not saying I don’t like it mind. The Kasteel Christmas (donker) is top quaffing. Ah Tongerlo .......
The beer that forced me and C to climb that 15 foot statue in Antwerp.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here