Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Essex T20 Sky 7pm Tonight

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Finch simply is not very good.

Called it when he was walking to the crease, when we need him he rarely delivers.

Very frustrating night, the bowling wasn’t great either, particularly early on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard not to feel sorry for finch.
I think that’s five ducks in a row.
It looks like he has nowhere to go at Sussex and will surely struggle to get another county.
He has been given a lot of chances and has had his successes but it’s like playing with ten men at the moment.
Brown needs to come in.
Even though we have probably done enough to get into the quarters if we stagger there I don’t fancy our chances. At least, that’s how it usually works with the t20 quarters.
Good job will beer is such a legend, meaning we don’t miss Khan that much.
The biggest mystery is Briggs - gold grade player at limited overs over the years but this season he’s been all over the place.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

The biggest mystery is Briggs - gold grade player at limited overs over the years but this season he’s been all over the place.

Danny Briggs is the record wicket taker in English 20 20 cricket. I do not know if you are in the bar when he bowls, but top batsmen try to take him on taking him as a secondary bowler and fail everytime.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sussex have enough about them to still qualify with a home draw. BUT apart from Beer yesterday our bowling lacked discipline and cohesion. Thats where we missed Mills, Archer and Khan who are always thinking about their next 4 or 5 deliveries. Whats the plan etc.

We should have had them for less that 150 but that would have papered over the cracks in tbe batting. Salt sadly always gives a chance in the 1st 2 overs every game. Once past that he generally motors. To then lose wright and carey cheaply was perhaps a one off. Less said about Finch the better today perhaps.

CJ and DW did do a solid job and almost got us home with Evans so there are positives there to be had.

Wonder if Delray will be back soon?

Dalray is playing for Bermuda. Next game is verses Canada followed by Cayman Islands on the 26th. Should be back for our last game, home verses Gloucestershire.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Danny Briggs is the record wicket taker in English 20 20 cricket. I do not know if you are in the bar when he bowls, but top batsmen try to take him on taking him as a secondary bowler and fail everytime.

Yep, as I said aware of his amazing record in t20. He’s been expensive this year though, and relatively few wickets by his high standards - check the scorecards.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Briggs has had a mediocre series compared to recent years. Gong at 8.2 per over and averaging 31 runs conceded per wicket. His role has been to contain in the middle overs. Teams have targeted him though, that’s not down to him. That’s down to the bowlers at the other end being very good. Quality player, will get it right like he usually does.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hes opened the bowling in the power play and we are top of the table. He is a massive cog in our 20 20 machine.

I never said he wasn’t. He is an outstanding cricketer going by his figures and a role model. In the past few years he has carried the attack at times - our most effective bowler. Not having such an impact this year and that’s my point.
As for being top of the table - yes, we are after a great start. we have gone off the boil though and had the rub of the green in a few close matches, even before the two most recent defeats.
T20 is a lot about momentum and we have lost ours. We are no longer favourites to win the competition - according to the bookies, that is.
No reason why we can’t get our mojo back as we have invested heavily in the team and have a number of match winners.
Tbh I have found it frustrating lately as I can feel it slipping it away. This is a team that can win the title. And believe me, there’s nothing I like more than watching Sussex win. I was there in 2009. Up there with my favourite sporting moments.

Last edited:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Tymal in line for the next installment .

unbreakable-samuel-l-jackson_0.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think that’s five ducks in a row.
It looks like he has nowhere to go at Sussex and will surely struggle to get another county.
He has been given a lot of chances and has had his successes but it’s like playing with ten men at the moment.
Brown needs to come in.
Even though we have probably done enough to get into the quarters if we stagger there I don’t fancy our chances. At least, that’s how it usually works with the t20 quarters.
Good job will beer is such a legend, meaning we don’t miss Khan that much.

Great summary other than Finch, sorry, just feel he’s on borrowed time, and needs to be dropped....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The new Aussie, Behrendorf (sp?) wasn’t great but hopefully he will settle in quickly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here