Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Jade Goody Documentary (channel 4)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Finished the 3 part episode last night, very interesting how different the media was back then. She was the first big reality star which kicked off what we see today. Never knew she was told she had cancer whilst on the Indian Big Brother and it was aired!
Big Brother basically made her then broke her when she returned to celebrity BB (racism row).
However I think she exploited the media as much as they exploited her.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Finished the 3 part episode last night, very interesting how different the media was back then. She was the first big reality star which kicked off what we see today. Never knew she was told she had cancer whilst on the Indian Big Brother and it was aired!
Big Brother basically made her then broke her when she returned to celebrity BB (racism row).
However I think she exploited the media as much as they exploited her.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Thought we'd laid her, and everything to do with her, to rest.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Couldn't stand her, but cancer's a horrible thing and it's a sad story. But regarding your comment about her exploiting the media, things like Big Brother are there to exploit human nature; the controversy is what we hope for and an environment like that breeds controversy. So I see no problem with people exploiting the media for their own personal gain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here