NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I wonder if there’s ever been such a stark difference between the batting and bowling side of the game, our bowling options are world class and our batting options in the main are utter pony. Imagine being Broad or Archer and bowling as well as you did yesterday getting them out for 179 and finding yourself bowling again what 2 hours or so of play later, 112 behind. Unfathomable really.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Almost hoping Australia win so as to retain The Ashes perhaps then the selectors will look around and make changes but until we find a couple of batsmen, not the village green limited over types, but those that can build an innings things will not improve.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lets not lose sight of the fact that, 2 Aussie batsmen apart, they didn't fare that much better than us with the bat. Their other 8 made only 31 between them. If it wasn't for that hour or so of pie chucking from Woakes and Stokes yesterday, it'd be a much closer match.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 suggestion which some may say are stupid but are they.

1.....2nd Innings JB to come in at 3 and move the rest down 1 place so that Root bats at 4.

Assuming we lose this test and the series

2. 3rd Test drop Roy, have Denly to open and bring in Morgan as captain.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

1.....2nd Innings JB to come in at 3 and move the rest down 1 place so that Root bats at 4.

Suggestion 2 isn’t a bad shout. Morgan possibly isn’t fit though, he’s really struggling with his back.

I’d be more inclined to swap Roy & Denly. I wouldn’t do it second innings but next test if both are selected. I have a feeling at least one will go unless there is a dramatic turnaround.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

You're wasting your time BG. The well is dry. There was an argument for bringing in Morgan before, but given the shining lights of the World Cup side like Roy and Buttler are floundering why taint Morgan as well? We need him well away from the car crash.

You're better off picking younger players with a decent technique not yet butchered by the one-day game. Even knocks of 20 and 25 may give us a foothold.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lets not lose sight of the fact that, 2 Aussie batsmen apart, they didn't fare that much better than us with the bat. Their other 8 made only 31 between them. If it wasn't for that hour or so of pie chucking from Woakes and Stokes yesterday, it'd be a much closer match.

Also if Warner went on one of about a million chances for between 0-10, it would actually be a pretty close match now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What's the least runs in an Ashes test match ever? This might beat it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What's the least runs in an Ashes test match ever, where all 4 innings were completed?

This might beat it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here