Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Third Ashes Test - Leeds 22nd-26th August 2019

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
10 days before the next test will any of our batsmen go back to their counties and play a game.

No, but we’ve kindly lined up a county game for the Aussies

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Taking everything into account, Stokes’ innings was the greatest I have ever seen.
What unfolded, just doesn’t happen.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Erm his replacement was just as good, if not better. How would they have done if we had Anderson in attack ? And if they didn’t have rain on their side? Ashes would now be almost over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The replacement was not considered to be anywhere near as good as the number 1 ranked best batsman in the world. Correct me if i'm wrong but Labuschagne had quite a modest record in county cricket before being called up. All credit to him none the less

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
The replacement was not considered to be anywhere near as good as the number 1 ranked best batsman in the world. Correct me if i'm wrong but Labuschagne had quite a modest record in county cricket before being called up. All credit to him none the less

Only player to pass 1,000 runs in the championship this season - albeit in Div 2. 1114 runs in 18 inning at 65.53, 5 hundreds and 5 fifties; top score of 182

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Div 2 exactly
Alastair Cook played a fair amount of division 2 cricket and did reasonably well for England.

Labuschagne has looked terrific for Glamorgan and is pretty much the reason they are 4th in the league and not last, its helped him adapt to English (and Welsh) conditions.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Brilliant as today was, Smith was not playing. If he was Australia would win this game easily.

Not easily as they wouldnt have needed to get him out. Win probably because he probably wouldnt have wasted their final review stupidly like they did and would have won by one run

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not easily as they wouldnt have needed to get him out. Win probably because he probably wouldnt have wasted their final review stupidly like they did and would have won by one run
He's not the captain.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just finished the highlights now before heading into work. That was just monumental. Phenomenal. Stokes is simply a beast. The final partnership was incredible and props to Leach too for keeping such a cool head.

Wow. Just... Wow.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Alastair Cook played a fair amount of division 2 cricket and did reasonably well for England.

Labuschagne has looked terrific for Glamorgan and is pretty much the reason they are 4th in the league and not last, its helped him adapt to English (and Welsh) conditions.

There’s very little difference between divisions

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I am but people getting carried away. If we win The Ashes it will be eternally remembered as Stokes turning it around if not it will be remembered that we won 1 test but lost the series.and all the downside and poor performances attached to that, Stokes efforts will be forgotten.. When mentioned there will always be the 'but we lost the series'.

It's strange how I knew it was you before looking at the user name.

This Test match will always be remembered in the same way as Butcher's innings at Leeds in a losing series will be remembered.

Do you remember Border's innings at Old Trafford in a losing cause in 1981 ? If so why was it even more special ? He played with a broken finger.

If you follow the game these moments stay with you.

And if I can't remember today's match in ten years time it'll be because I received the call upstairs or dementia has set in.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He effectively is.......just watch what goes on on the field....who is arranging the fielders ? It’s Smith. Paine is told whether to call heads or tails I reckon. He’s a ventriloquists dummy of a captain.

He is certainly not a captain at this level. I suspect that if he wasn't performing that function he wouldn't be in the side. In fact I think they could rather do with Carey in that position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here