Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Third Ashes Test - Leeds 22nd-26th August 2019

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We need a batting coach who knows how to bat properly. These batsman are stealing a living. Awful technique and chasing a wide wide ball like that is ****ing brainless.

Unfortunately domestic cricket is only interested in pyjama forms of game, even starting a new one next year. The county championship is played at stupid times of the year. Everyone sits there cheering slogging where boundaries are brought in so edges go for 6.

Test cricket is dead.

I do fear for the future of the longer format. It used to be everything.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We need a batting coach who knows how to bat properly. These batsman are stealing a living. Awful technique and chasing a wide wide ball like that is ****ing brainless.

Unfortunately domestic cricket is only interested in pyjama forms of game, even starting a new one next year. The county championship is played at stupid times of the year. Everyone sits there cheering slogging where boundaries are brought in so edges go for 6.

Test cricket is dead.

On a positive note, we have already scored more leg byes than Australia did in their entire innings.
Perhaps Mr LB could open for us?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I do fear for the future of the longer format. It used to be everything.

We struggled against Ireland’s bowlers, who lets face it are made up of journey men who 20 years ago would have been minor counties at best.

If you look at where the most of runs are scored these days it’s behind the wicket, due to edges and cowshot corner. This is due to slogging. Cover drives, straight drives, square cuts have gone out of the game, players don’t have the technique to play properly, apart from Root, if he remembers to move his feet!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Be lucky to reach a hundred at this rate

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The ball was 2 foot outside off, why is he playing at it, poor so poor.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Given up. If the players can't be bothered to play properly why should we bother watching?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
So Burns and Denly, probably our two most long form minded players, get out by hooking and driving. That there is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Our batting is a national disgrace. Heads should roll, we've been an embarassment this morning and are giving the Ashes to a very ordinary Australia side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here