Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Third Ashes Test - Leeds 22nd-26th August 2019

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That's was the most amazing days cricket I have seen. The drama of the WCF was nothing compared to this match. Test Match cricket beats one day cricket any day of the week

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That's was the most amazing days cricket I have seen. The drama of the WCF was nothing compared to this match. Test Match cricket beats one day cricket any day of the week

Not a dig or anything but I think a few missed Headingly in '81 due to age, but yes it is right up there with it.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Money. The cricket authorities sold out.

Annoying that the BBC have now fixed it so you can't listen to it in the car unless you've got digital radio, which many, many cars do not have (or unless you've got a very old one, with Long Wave).

Has that not pretty much always been the case? TMS on R4LW and for the last 15 years or so 5Live Sports extra?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Sports an incredible thing, isn't it?

Extraordinarily captivating. I don't understand how you can't enjoy sport when the drama is so high like it was with this game. You don't need to generally like Cricket to be flabbergasted by how exciting that was.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You heard it here first (and probably last): England to win! Keep the faith and all that Bowlocks [emoji38]
:whistle:

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has that not pretty much always been the case? TMS on R4LW and for the last 15 years or so 5Live Sports extra?
I don't know about 15 years ago, but a few years, yes - still applies to 'now' though. And 15 years ago a lot of people were still driving round with car radios that offered LW and MW. I think I've got an old ghetto blaster somewhere in the garage that picks up LW, but by and large you can't buy LW receivers any more.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't know about 15 years ago, but a few years, yes - still applies to 'now' though. And 15 years ago a lot of people were still driving round with car radios that offered LW and MW. I think I've got an old ghetto blaster somewhere in the garage that picks up LW, but by and large you can't buy LW receivers any more.

I've had some lovely times with 198 LW over the years.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That was a fantastic win but the tension at the end of the game wasn't as high as today, we blew them away in the 4th inning back then
Yep - and Stokes' innings was of a much higher quality to Botham's. Botham was swinging because we had essentially lost. Stokes knew what he had to do to win the game and nursed a number 11 though a 70+ partnership. Botham is my sporting hero but for a one off innings, that was better.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

How have they fixed it though? The offering is now better than it used to be as you have the choice of R4LW and 5 Live sports Extra?

How did you used to listen to it in the car? If it was on R4LW how can the BBC be the ones to blame for the radio your car has?

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Stuck on the ceiling, what an amazing innings and so pleased Sky recognised the significance and didn’t switch to football on the Main channel

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How have they fixed it though? The offering is now better than it used to be as you have the choice of R4LW and 5 Live sports Extra?

How did you used to listen to it in the car? If it was on R4LW how can the BBC be the ones to blame for the radio your car has?

Oh sorry, I forgot that the BBC had no idea how, when and where different devices received their signal. They have been trying to downgrade TMS for years, getting it off their more beloved flagship stations. They could put it on radio 5 - but they've got important afternoon chat shows and film reviews on there. They could put it on radio 3 (where it original started) - but no - sacrifice an elitist channel for a more populist audience? Gosh, no, shades of Lord Reith, they couldn't do that...............................

And what part of "And 15 years ago a lot of people were still driving round with car radios that offered LW and MW" pass you by?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here