Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Third Ashes Test - Leeds 22nd-26th August 2019

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If only we'd showed a fraction of this application in the first innings. Or indeed most of the series. Or indeed most red ball cricket in the past few years.

Still reckon we'll fall about 100 short, but if Root & Stokes can put on another 50+ and survive the new ball then it could get interesting.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If only we'd showed a fraction of this application in the first innings. Or indeed most of the series. Or indeed most red ball cricket in the past few years.

Still reckon we'll fall about 100 short, but if Root & Stokes can put on another 50+ and survive the new ball then it could get interesting.

Good points, just a little " stickability " and batting gets easier as the ball softens and the bowlers tire, sadly I think that yesterday's batting will not continue today, once one goes today I fear the door is open.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Time to save the ashes, our two best batsman at the crease. It’s doable.

But knowing England just lately we only manage one good day per match so today we’ll probably be all out before lunch, the worst thing is that they’ve given us hope now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Root doesn't have a good record of resuming a decent innings the following day either (I don't think anyway). So he will need to stick there for a chunk more time too.

:thumbsup:

Although to be fair, bit of a freak catch from a cheat that shouldn't even be gracing an Ashes match.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ginger revolution starting to get a bit too ambitious at the moment? Just calm down a bit for another hour chaps. Fours are all very well, but half a dozen of them aren't going to do us much good.

I am of the mind we did the groundwork yesterday, I know we're all chewing our nails off, but if one partnership could reel off a quick hundred the Aussies will start doubting themselves.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am of the mind we did the groundwork yesterday, I know we're all chewing our nails off, but if one partnership could reel off a quick hundred the Aussies will start doubting themselves.

Yes, a quick hundred would be good - but in the circumstances, I'd rather grind out a slow hundred, no wickets, no risks, no chances - while really grinding down the bowlers. Don't risk going for the quick hundred - this isn't a one day-er or twenty20. Hit any bad balls, and keep the singles ticking over - but safety first!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes, a quick hundred would be good - but in the circumstances, I'd rather grind out a slow hundred, no wickets, no risks, no chances - while really grinding down the bowlers. Don't risk going for the quick hundred - this isn't a one day-er or twenty20. Hit any bad balls, and keep the singles ticking over - but safety first!

No it isn't an ODI or twenty20 but test cricket does have the grind out and the exciting batting in the same innings sometimes. Just seeing them bowl a wide for 4 through first slips legs tells me they're rattled.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
This.
Loads of time. Get through each session at a time. try to get to lunch with no more losses.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Paine is a proper cheating ****. He appeals for absolutely everything, like it is 100% gone. Then surprise, surprise the replay shows the ball no where neare the bat. So much for a change of culture and all that Ozzie bs.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Paine is a proper cheating ****. He appeals for absolutely everything, like it is 100% gone. Then surprise, surprise the replay shows the ball no where neare the bat. So much for a change of culture and all that Ozzie bs.

Hopes he'll rattle the umpires. He only has one challenge left so appealing for everything might break them. Which of course is bad sportsmanship at the least.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Most keepers appeal for everything. It puts pressure on the batsman. A psychological tactic. No problem with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here