Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Third Ashes Test - Leeds 22nd-26th August 2019

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Doesn’t help but he’s a world class batsman he should have the technique to overcome that but at the moment he hasn’t. His footwork has been found very wanting.

That's harsh: he got an absolute jaffa this morning, hell of a ball to receive early in your innings.

I think England will still get a lead: Denly always gets a decent 20 or 30, Stokes and Bairstow are in form and Buttler's due some runs. And Archer can virtually walk on water these days.

EDIT; that was unfortunate timing.

Still think we'll get a lead though

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lucky to get 100 at this rate. Aussies are bowling well but that no excuse for some of the decision making out there. Piss poor.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's harsh: he got an absolute jaffa this morning, hell of a ball to receive early in your innings.

I think England will still get a lead: Denly always gets a decent 20 or 30, Stokes and Bairstow are in form and Buttler's due some runs. And Archer can virtually walk on water these days.

EDIT; that was unfortunate timing.

Still think we'll get a lead though

I don't..........

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Nobody has yet got into double figures. All out for less that 100 on the cards.

And to think that some people were saying that we could bat for a day and a half and take the game away from the Aussies. We can't bat for a session and a half.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bairstow in above Buttler. So our main all-rounder and keeper have gone in earlier.

If a batsman is asked to go 7 then I would ask what he's doing there in the first place.

Blimey, the ghost of Boycott has taken me over. I'm on one today.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Time for a serious rethink, across the board, about this country’s approach to the longer form of the game. We don’t have the players coming through and the players we do have have totally forgotten how to play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Superb bowling from the Aussies it had to be said. Once again we are reliant on Burns, who was thought to be a walking wicket before this series.

Imagine in test cricket having some discipline and just blocking the new ball for 10/15 overs, seems those days are gone got to feel for Broad and Archer, let down time and time again by the ill discipline of the batters.

Too many of our batsmen seem unable to change their approach from white ball cricket.
Stokes could hardly reach that so in test matches when the score is 30 -3 you leave it!
Same for Burns.What was he thinking, hooking a bouncer while in single figures and the team in trouble?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Time for a serious rethink, across the board, about this country’s approach to the longer form of the game. We don’t have the players coming through and the players we do have have totally forgotten how to play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesnt help the ECB are ignoring the CC whilst launching a new shorter format.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We need a batting coach who knows how to bat properly. These batsman are stealing a living. Awful technique and chasing a wide wide ball like that is ****ing brainless.

Unfortunately domestic cricket is only interested in pyjama forms of game, even starting a new one next year. The county championship is played at stupid times of the year. Everyone sits there cheering slogging where boundaries are brought in so edges go for 6.

Test cricket is dead.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Same old England, complete lack of mental strength when it matters. Where's the leaders?

He got again. Some will say to a good ball. I say it was never ever hitting the stumps therefore early on ****ing leave it alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here